TV Remote

TeJay

This may be a really dumb question but here goes. We started our trip to FL a week ago. In one camp ground we set up the TV and the remote worked. Ten minutes later it didn't. For what ever reason it just stopped working. The TV still works but no remote control. The first thing I did was to change the batteries. Still nothing. When you push the button the red light does light but no response. The remote was not dropped during the ten or so minutes that it did work. The Wife adjusted the volume and even muted it once, turned the volume back on then nothing.
I'm considering getting one of those universal remotes but I hate to spend the $$$ if there's something else. We have a 2011 NT 24-RBS with the Jenson radio and TV.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks'
TeJay

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Does your remote have a dvd button on if so maybe you touched it without knowing it try pushing the tv button..

pegmikef

I'm considering getting one of those universal remotes but I hate to spend the $$$ if there's something else. We have a 2011 NT 24-RBS with the Jenson radio and TV.
Thanks'
TeJay
If its not what KatKens-DW said, then the good news is the universals aren't a lot of $$$. I just bought one at Walmart for around eight bucks and it controls multibple device so maybe it will control both your Jensen and TV.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
if its any help, my dish network remote was able to be programed to control everything in the 5er.

jhardin

I agree with Katkens-DW, maybe you just hit the wrong button. I have sat on mine before and made all kind of changes. :)

PeternLiane

Like said in a previous post, make sure that your remote is on the TV button. I've had to buy many remotes. They cost from 5 dollars up. They are very easy to set up too.

TeJay

Hay gang,
Thanks for all the responses. Got a remote at Waley world only $8. Worked for about an hour and still nothing. The Wife tried as well and did read that you may have to try hundreds of times before it finally connects. This is getting to be a real pain. I'll continue trying but I'm wondering if something could have broken on the TV? Life's little pleasures. I do remember when we had to get out of bed to change channels and I didn't like it then either.
Thanks, I'll let you know if and when there is success.
TeJay

TeJay

The Wife and I tried every combination that we could for about 3-4 hours and still nothing. I'm beginning to think something is wrong with the remote electronics on the TV. I can't think of anything that we did or could have done when it first worked last week or why it won't program with a universal remote.
Thanks,
TeJay

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

I think it would be best to call us direct for further troubleshooting and warranty assistance, if needed. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing from you.

TeJay

Jensen support,
Thanks for the response. I actually did not expect a response from anybody but individuals from this forum. It's good to know people are monitoring. We did take a few more hours to try and get something to work but to no avail. It is Sat so we'll call first of next week.
Thanks,
TeJay

TeJay

I called Jensen today and got some interesting information. First, the tech told me that the universal remotes generally won't work for the newer Jensen products. Second, he explained how to check to see if the remote is working. Using any digital camera point the remote close and right at the lens. While viewing the remote on your camera LCD press any of the remote buttons. If it is working you will see a white flash coming from the little bulb on the end of the remote. That's where the infrared signal goes out to the TV and the camera lens picks it up as a white flash or light. They are sending me a remote.
Thanks Jensen. That's good customer service.

TeJay