Two months too long for awning LED light replacement warranty?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey everybody,

Two questions/thoughts on the thread.

1) I am wanting to upgrade my awnings with the LED's after seeing them at the RV show in Dallas. The ones that are mentioned in the thread, are they the LED's in the roller or the ones agains the wall. We bought a 2013 RW390, they have Carefree awnings. Are these LED strips compatible to my awnings?

2) We bought our RW from a dealer in Denton. Some of the stories mentioned here are very familiar. I bought the the camper long before deer season, but missed bow season if that tells you anything. The service department got me involved and I had to speak to Heartland and the fault came down on the dealer's side. They have had 2 out of 3 service advisers quit/get fired. After LOTS of warranty items and service failures we find out last visit they dropped the Road Warrior line for a manufacturer other than Heartland. If it wasn't for the service manager there I would have been gone already.

Does anybody else know where I can get warranty work done other than the dealer I bought it from?

Thanks to all for the input.

Josh

Josh, you can call Heartland and they can recommend someone close to you. I can recommend Blue Moon Mobile RV Repair in Carrolton, we took our rig to their facility and they did some work for us. Had HL ok the work prior. I was very pleased. No BS -- kept us informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenssr

Hey everybody,

Two questions/thoughts on the thread.

1) I am wanting to upgrade my awnings with the LED's after seeing them at the RV show in Dallas. The ones that are mentioned in the thread, are they the LED's in the roller or the ones agains the wall. We bought a 2013 RW390, they have Carefree awnings. Are these LED strips compatible to my awnings?

2) We bought our RW from a dealer in Denton. Some of the stories mentioned here are very familiar. I bought the the camper long before deer season, but missed bow season if that tells you anything. The service department got me involved and I had to speak to Heartland and the fault came down on the dealer's side. They have had 2 out of 3 service advisers quit/get fired. After LOTS of warranty items and service failures we find out last visit they dropped the Road Warrior line for a manufacturer other than Heartland. If it wasn't for the service manager there I would have been gone already.

Does anybody else know where I can get warranty work done other than the dealer I bought it from?

Thanks to all for the input.

Josh

As far as #1, the LED's are in a track right below the awning (not in the roller). Since they are below the awning, I would assume they are compatible to any awning. They are nice and bright LED's (brighter than the scare lights). Really handy to have. On #2, yeah it's sad it takes so long. Next time I do need to have real work done I'll take it to a repair facility that I know, trust, and are a lot faster. Whether the wait is a weather related work load or some other valid reason, there are usually alternatives. I appreciate Heartland being open to dealer alternatives.

AAdams

We just picked up our 2015 RW390 and our LED's for the Carefree awning are in the roller. The awning has to be completely out to be able to see them.