UDC faucet leak.

yepuhuh

In getting prepared for our trip I hooked up city water to make sure no leaks and run water thru system. First I had put some clorox in the fresh water tank and filled it up and let it set for 48 hours.

Today I hooked up city water to flush the lines out. last thing i checked was the faucet(sprayer) in the udc. Turned it on and hear a lot of water running.

Next i see a puddle of water in the basement , turned of water and then began unloading basement. Whew that was a chore in itself.

I then get my wet /dry vac out and get up the water followed up with towels. So I take off the the back board to see whats going on. Still had city pressure on lines. No leak except in the back of the outside sprayer. Where the outside sprayer screws on it had a nice crack where the hot and cold water are mixed.

Glad that was all it was. Otherwise i would be replacing all pipes!
You can see the nice crack just behind the nut. I guess it froze this past winter.

Attachments

• IMG_20140610_170509_002.jpg
    IMG_20140610_170509_002.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 65

sengli

My coach is now 1.5 years old and I have had these same type connections lately start to leak. They were mostly tight too, but I had to loosen them and just re-tighten them to fix the leaks. I think the change in temperature has something to do with the my sudden intermittant leaks with these screw on connections.