UDC Leak - City Water Connection

gotlieb

My Greystone 29BL had a leak in the front compartment by the UDC. Tore things apart and found the city water connection is leaking behind the UDC.

My problem is that the hose that comes up into the UDC to connect to the inlet is too heavy and it pulls the water flange down and causes a leak. The water then runs behind the flange and down the back side of the UDC.

I found the replacement part on Amazon for $15, but what's to prevent this issue from happening again? It doesn't seem like these are made heavy enough to withstand the weight of the hose.

Anybody have any creative ways to hook up the hose in the UDC? Thought about just putting an elbow on the flange and hooking the hose up there, but seems like it would cause the same problem.

Thanks!

gasman

Camp Socializer
I would try the 90 first. It will indeed continue to pull down but the angle will be different. You may be able to install an eye screw in the UDC and wrap a bungee cord around the hose and attach it to the eye screw.

gotlieb

Thanks. I'll try the 90 first. It's pretty tight in the UDC, but this looks small enough to not block the black tank flush inlet.