Unconnected Wire in underbelly

Thystra

I found this brown connector hanging out in the under bay. Does anyone have any idea what it goes to? The other ends were never crimped, so the wires didn't pull out of them.

Mysterious Connector on big country.jpg

Attachments

• Mysterious Connector on big country.jpg
    Mysterious Connector on big country.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 8

david-steph2018

Thystra, is your rig new? Does it come with a rear camera prep?
If so, this could possibly be that. Look at that. But if the rig is used, no telling what was done prior.

jerryjay11

I would check to see if any power at the crimp connectors (probably no). But if there is, with a bunch of work and time, pull fuses from the electrical panel until voltage drops. Two people would make it easier or crimp a couple long wires with a light so you can view it from the electrical panel. You can always re-crimp later. If you find the fuse that kills power to it, then look to see what the panel is labeled if by chance the writing on the panel (if even labeled) is written in a language from the planet Earth. Most likely it is just what hoefler said.

taskswap

Where exactly is this along the underbelly? What is it close to?

Standard trailer wiring has brown as the "running lights" and white or yellow is usually the ground. But there's no guarantee at all that this follows it. You'd have to trace it. Actually, signal tracers are pretty cheap on Amazon ($15-$25, look for an automotive version) if you really want to know...

Thystra

It's amid ships just forward of the front axle.

I may take the time to trace it out next time I have the belly open. I've got it all closed up now as we are about to head out soon.