Under Bed Storage on 2014 Cyclone 3800

TacoTom

Does anyone know if I can incorporate under bed storage in the 2014 Cyclone 3800, I noticed when lifting up the mattress the big sheet of plywood was screwed down, and the dealer that accompanied us on our walkthrough said he thought the slide hydraulics were housed under the bed. if so are there any "mods" out there related to this?

Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about the Cyclone, but I do know that on some rigs the underbed storage is only like 4" deep.
Some people have cut large holes in the floor of the underbed and added some large plastic storage bins that slide on the carpet when the slide goes in or out.
Others have framed in some storage holes.
Everyone had to work around the hydraulics.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Your "plywood" is probably two pieces. Remove the "foot" end and take a look underneath. Odds are if you have the hydraulics you will not get much storage room. But for some folks, some is better then none.

I managed to get an approximate 4"-5" deep storage area under our mattress platform. I used a 4' hinge on the platform to allow access and then built a shelf in the bed frame box.

Does anyone have photos of the new 2015 3800. There are some changes such as slide out tv and bigger window in bedroom. Corner cabinets on couch slide out to hide speakers and store small items. as wondering what the storage was like under the bed in the 2015 as I may not have looked because I was also looking at the 4100 before I ordered e 3800HD.
Also I am a member of the forum how do I start a new thread

danemayer

how do I start a new thread
If you click on the FORUM tab at top of page and then scroll down and navigate to the appropriate sub-forum for the subject you want to discuss, at the top left there will be a button to POST NEW THREAD.