Under Belly/coroplast?

TexasUltra

It appears that there is a seam in the coroplast just in front of the first set of wheels. I'm having to tape it back after every trip. I just repaired it again with 4" wide under belly tape, but I have this question.
Should there be a seam or should it have been one continuous piece of coroplast from the factory?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It appears that there is a seam in the coroplast just in front of the first set of wheels. I'm having to tape it back after every trip. I just repaired it again with 4" wide under belly tape, but I have this question.
Should there be a seam or should it have been one continuous piece of coroplast from the factory?

Maybe the coroplast was cut and part of it removed by the factory or dealer to facilitate a repair??

I recently had to remove & repair a grey tank and I cut off about a four foot piece to enhance accessibility to the under frame.

If you want to “fix” it yourself, you can do as I did which was… I cut a piece of 1/2” plywood (I had pressure treated laying around) 4” wide to fit between the frame where I made the cut. Using 3/4” lathe screws about every 6-8” I reattached both sides of the coroplast. No tape. Quite secure

Sorry no pictures