under side of slide

rjjr

The laminate on under side of slide is cracking and the wood is rotten. This is right under the storage area for electric shore line. Can this be fixed by cutting out bad wood and relaminating plywood? Not sure where the water is coming from?

mlpeloquin

Your really need to find the source of the water intrusion, otherwise fixing it will be temporary. Every screw needs to be checked, slide seals, slide roof, and seams. I have see on this forum that some owners that had a rotted slide floor replaced it by themselves. Stripping the floor out I believe is from the top and I don't think you can just replace a section like in a stick and brick, but I may be wrong. Hopefully one of the owners that have done this job will chime in, but finding the source of the water should be job one. You mentioned that the rot is just below the area of the electrical shore line storage. Have you tried a gentle water spray to see if the leak is from the storage door opening? You may have to run the water for a while to make sure. An unsealed screw or door seal allowing a drop in over time can cause a lot of damage.

danemayer

If the wood is delaminating on the ends, it may be from water dripping down the outside of the slides at front and rear. A damaged section can be replaced and I hope one of the people who have done that will chime in.

Miller0758

when I purchased our new to us BC I noticed the edges of the slides showing signs of delamination due to water running down the sides. There are quite a few discussions about this on here but what I ended up doing was buying "L" channel from HD, cutting it to size and attaching it to both sides of the slide and then caulking it. The exposed edges were treated with this same fix a couple of years later at the factory. Problem solved
If the wood is delaminating on the ends, it may be from water dripping down the outside of the slides at front and rear. A damaged section can be replaced and I hope one of the people who have done that will chime in.