Underbelly TV Connection on Landmark

I have a cable connection on the wall of my Landmark. Can anyone tell me if this is connected to my Livingroom TV? Before I try and connect a TV to it I' like to have some idea of what going on.

Garypowell

Get a “toner” at a big box store.....maybe $40. You’ll end up using it several times in figuring out how the wired your rig.

danemayer

The cable connection in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) merges with the rooftop antenna coax at the signal booster which is probably located in your bedroom closet, or possibly near your bedroom TV. From there, the coax goes through the RV to multiple locations. The living room TV is probably last in the series. Signal booster must be ON for antenna TV, OFF for cable TV.

And there are also satellite coax connections, but that's all different.

Take a look starting on page 46 of our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide Mid 2017 for more information and pictures. Heartland may have made a few changes here and there since it was written, but it's probably close to what you have.

wdk450

My 2008 Bighorn has a cable connector in the storage compartment that is the same signal as the bedroom TV. I have used this for group viewings outside of World Series games.

pegmikef

My 2008 Bighorn has a cable connector in the storage compartment that is the same signal as the bedroom TV. I have used this for group viewings outside of World Series games.

Yeah, I think this is what he is talking about. The basement cable connection is usually mounted on the basement wall closest to the door on the door side of the rig.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Generally, there is a 2-way splitter behind the TV wall-plate in your storage bay. One leg feeds the outlet on that wall-plate and the other leg does in fact feed the living room TV. If you never plan to have a TV in the storage bay, consider removing the splitter.

If you also have an outdoor TV cabinet, generally, there's another splitter in the entertainment cabinet for the main living room TV. Here again, if you never plan to have a TV in the outdoor TV cabinet, consider removing that splitter.

Finally, be aware that there are at least 2, maybe 3 coax splices in the underbelly, right behind the I-beam frame, below the living room TV, where you see the coaxes penetrate the frame.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Look in your blue Heartland packet, there should be a schematic in there to help you understand the routing.
This is our 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

1b6f4f8c0904bb38462cbd4e59eac6bf.jpg