Unidentified switch

KBP94

Hello everyone, we are newbies as we just bought our Sundance 3600QB a month ago. Our control panel has a large black switch next to the tank readings that doesn't seem to control anything even the dealership didn't know what it is for?

jimtoo

Hi KBP94,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

It's very possible it controls the awning lights if they are the ones that roll up with the awning or could control a power outlet on the outside of the camper near the awning arm. Hopefully some of our other Sundance owners will jump in soon with some better info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

ICamel

Do you have an outside camp-kitchen with a second microwave? If so there is a light type on/off switch that controls the use of either the inside or outside microwave. This is to keep someone from running both microwaves at the same time..............too much electricity for the circuit.

pegmikef

Sounds like the switch for the receptacle for awning lights (or anything else you want to use it for). As Jim said it is probably located near the awning arm closest to the hitch about midways up.

KBP94

Thanks for the reply, we have a separate switch for awning lights this looks like a wall light switch, tried to post a pic but that didn't work out well!

KBP94

Thanks for the help, no we don't have an outside micro just a tv, fridge and cooktop and it doesn't do any of those. I wonder if it is a dummy switch to use if we would put a fan in it looks just like a wall switch.

jimtoo

If this wall switch has a red lighted handle that you when flip it is most likely for the electric part of your water heater. If this is it,, do not turn it on unless your sure water heater is full of water.

KBP94

It has the optimal thermal protection so that could be a possibility, there is no indicator to even tell if its on or off the whole switch is black but I will look into that , thanks.

Ron-Cookie

Do you have a electrical jack/plug to the left of the door (on the outside of the coach)? If you do plug something into it and then turn the switch on and off.... The Black switch in my Sundance controls the electrical plug outside the door on the left and you are looking up into the coach...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm talking about the entry steps out side. Landmark and Big Horn have a light up under the steps and a unmarked mystery switch inside somewhere.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KBP94

Your the winner! We have outside outlets on each side of the door it controls only the one on the right side, would never have thought of it thanks a million. Thanks to everyone for their ideas.