Unplugged

TF78

I have a 2022 IDM223RK and the water heater does not function on shore power. After a bit of research and discussion I removed the partition and found that there is a 110V chord just hanging out down there. The water heater is the Dometic WH-6GEA and after some additional googling I realized that this is in fact the power chord and it should be plugged in. For fun I plugged it into an extension chord and an interior outlet and the the water was hot enough to burn... All of that being said where should the outlet for the water heater have been installed, I cannot see any provision for it and the chord is relatively short. The individual I spoke to at Heartland was unable to find any photos or wiring diagrams to help.

Attachments

• Water Heater Chord.jpg
    Water Heater Chord.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21

Bogie

Normally there is a switch panel where you would select to either to run the water heater on LP or electricity.

Here is the installation manual for your water heater. The info on the switches starts on page 9. You should be looking for something like that.

https://epi.dometic.com/externalass...er-6-gallon-gas-electric_9600024379_81175.pdf

On edit....I noticed a piece of ROMEX on the floor near the heater. You might want to trace that to see if it's for the water heater.

TF78

Normally there is a switch panel where you would select to either to run the water heater on LP or electricity.

Here is the installation manual for your water heater. The info on the switches starts on page 9. You should be looking for something like that.

https://epi.dometic.com/externalass...er-6-gallon-gas-electric_9600024379_81175.pdf

On edit....I noticed a piece of ROMEX on the floor near the heater. You might want to trace that to see if it's for the water heater.
Thanks.. The romex is for an outlet on the outside of the cabinet. I thought maybe that was supposed to be the outlet for the WH, however it does not shut off from the breaker. I did some googling and all the interior photos show that outlet there, so it wasn't a mistake.