UPDATED: Heads Need to Roll

boatdoc

Creeper, I feel for you!! I have phone calls into two Heartland reps and have not heard anything now for 4 days and 7 days about a little problem I started a thread the begining of last week, with pics to boot. I'm not whinning yet but soon will.

Cheryl

Kind of what happened to us. We have a crack on the outside of our unit and every time we called Heartland, we were told they would find us a place to get it fixed. We would patiently wait and wait and wait. Finally calling again to get a different person because the last one no longer works for Heartland. This person made the same promises. More waiting, more calling, more people leaving the company, more people saying they will help us, until now, we are out of warranty and they refuse to pay to fix the problem.
My advice, don't wait for them - call and call and call everyday until you get results.
DSC01751a.jpg

Last edited:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Also you have to document your calls to heartland or any other company. Get the name of the person you talked to, date and exact time and what he said he would do. This gives you something to fall back on when you have to state your case to the big boss further down the road.

creeper

You shouldn't have to document things when you are speaking to the big boss. He's the one that's supposed to get things done.

I'll be at Camping World today and see the status. Camping World promised that I will have my camper back next week, with or with out Heartland's help.

creeper

Two month 10 days and still no camper. IT just doesn't get any sillier.

Update;

Spoke with Jim Fenner on Monday... He says he sent the authorizations last week. Camping World says they didn't get them and the service writer claims to have given Jim her personal email.

If camping world is lying, then Heartland would have caught it on a follow up by someone in Heartland to make sure they get my camper out of there. There was no follow up, but Jim assured me it would be followed up on now.

I have no reason not to believe either party. Can't prove it either way. I walked into Camping World and they inform me that they have the authorization (printed it out and handed it to me) and they should have my camper in the bay and worked on Monday night or Tues. AM. They told me my camper is a priority and they need to get it off the lot.

Go up there today, "Where's my camper?".. It's prepped and the cut the metal ready for install.

WHOA!!!!!!!!! You said it would be done today......

I then get passed off to the tech who's been working on my camper. I must tell you this guy is the kind of guy you want working at your place. Straight shooter....

He tells me he started on my camper. Got all the parts togther, cut the sheet metal and then he was told to stop. They sold 4 campers he needs to prep... ARGGGGGG!!!!!!!

ETA??????? Blank stares at each other... I explained to them that Heartland has done all they needed to do and it's now on them. I informed them I haven't yelled at them YET, but will if things don't happen soon.

They promised a call in the am with an update on ETA. We'll see...

I stayed long enough and loud enough for plenty of customers to hear and all too willing to listen in. I heard the service writer explaining to a nervous new owner what my problem was.

I need to visit someone's bighorn so I can remember what it looks like.

imchud

Creeper,
You are a "GOD" ---- I have "NO IDEA" how you have kept your cool for so long:confused: I would have lost my Freaking mind after the 1st round of screw-ups.... Just show up with your truck, pick your rig up and do the repairs yourself, if you can... I'm not a fan of getting lawers involved, but I sure would be talking to one, and I would let Heartland and Camping world know... They say pashents is a virtue -- I say B/S.... It's time to rock that boat.... Good Luck

wagenman

WOW... thats about all you can say!! What a poor hand you have been delt on this one... I just went to General RV (wixom MI) on thursday of last week to order what I feel are some small warranty issues parts.. I have learned from this thread to keep track of where they are at everyday until the job is done.. Thanks for being a straight shooter on this one.. I know it seems like all you do is read a ton of negative threads on this site but one thing is for sure, when you talk to a Heartland owner they love to not only tell about their rig, they love to show it off also... and that tells me that there is a ton of happy Heartland owners out there...

Niles

Glad we have a good dealer and close by. Called him and asked if they could do a couple of things to enhance our BH, was told if I could hold off till the following Monday that would be great. Arrived Monday morning and back out by noon. Again nothing real major, however Modern Trailer of Anderson,IN has my loyalty, it get's done when they tell you.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Creeper - i know how you feel, went through a similar process with our car for about 6 weeks. In and out of the shop, dealer fixing the wrong things several times.
I don't have a solution for you. I would be calling camping world every few hours for an update. The problem lies with camping world. Forget heartland, you should not even be calling them. Apply all the pressure you can on cw as they are the one that has all job to fix your rv and keep you happy. I think i would have gone postal when they took the mech. Off of your job and had him prep the new rv's. Keep us posted.

creeper

Todays update:

No AM called as promised so off I go.

Arrived for my daily visit at Camping World.

First thing they said , Jim Fenner called and he's not happy.

Well, I'm not happy either. My camper has been here 2 months 11 days and I'm no closer to being fixed then I was on day one. I was waiting for my AM update and ETA and got neither.

Some tap dancing, boo hooing about getting busy, techs leaving, lots of new sales. Yadi, Yadi, Yadi....

I DON'T CARE. You promised me my camper YESTERDAY, it's not done. You're fixing people pulling in off the road, putting new campers in front of me. WHEN WILL IT BE DONE... More yadi, yadi, yadi.... Okay, let me talk to the service manager.

I then crawled up her backside.I explained to her that I have been more then patient with them and I don't want excuses of who delayed what, who left when, or any other excuse. I want a day the camper will be done. It should have been done the day the parts arrived( Last week). You promised me Tuesday and it's now Wednesday.

She then goes into that corporate smile and say yes, nod the head , agree with the customer routine. Which of course INFURIATES me.

She says, your camper will be ready by Saturday. I'll be calling Camping World Corporate tomorrow just because of the stupid smile, say yes to the customer routine. I hate that BS.

Now I remember why I do most things myself.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I did not know until recently that Camping World and the RV Sales are two separate entities (at least in Houston) Camping World sells parts and installs them with their repair/installation people and the Sales department sells RVs and preps and fixes them with their people. Two separate service departments which work out of the same shop. No wonder it is confusing. The service manager in the sales/repair section and the service manager in the parts installation section and they probably do not talk to each other. I don't know if the Camping World you are dealing with is set up like that but if it is that is likely part of your problem. You will almost have to stand there and watch over the repair man that he doesn't get pulled off until yours is done. Good luck. And you might talk to the General Manager at the Camping World and explain what has been happening.

And here I considered a Heartland for my next coach. Reminds me of the arrogance the big 3 automakers had. Look at them now. Hopefully only the best will survive in the RV industry. Too many manufacturures. Warrantee barely worth the paper it is written on. These problems should have been fixed within a day or 2. Shame on both Camping World and Heartland. In hindsite I would have paid for repairs out of my own pocket and set seige at Heartland Headquarters till I had cash in my hand. Creeper, You deserve an Oscar for the patience you have shown.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
And here I considered a Heartland for my next coach.

AS WELL YOU SHOULD. THEY ARE DESERVING OF YOUR BUSINESS.
I THINK 90% OF THE PROBLEM LIES WITH CAMPING WORLD. HEARTLAND MAY HAVE SHIPPED THE PARTS TO THE WRONG CAMPING WORLD BUT THAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. I WOULD BLAME CW, THEY SHOULD HAVE THE BUSINESS SENSE TO FIND THE PARTS AND FIX HIS RV IN A DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME. HE SHOULD BE PRIORITY ONE IN THE SERVICE DEPT.

imchud

Creeper,
When you show up on Saturday make sure you have a folding chair with you -- Set it up in the Managers office and tell her you'll be spending the day with her while they fix your Rig -- Remember to ware your smile:D

creeper

It's funny you said that, with lost deposits and substantially increased lodging at Charleston, I looked up the prices and it would have been cheaper to fix it.

Heartland took some of the pain out of it with a goodwill gesture on my J wrap.

creeper

Went up to Camping World for my daily visit. I may just be getting closer.

Camping is in bay and actual work is being done. Wasn't done as of 3pm, they better get a move on.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Good luck Creeper, hope it all works out soon. Could be like mine where Lippert washed their hands of my claim on the frame. We made a loan of $7,000.00 today to repair the frame so we can get back on the road.

creeper

Too much..

You are not going to believe this and I really wanted to strangle people.

As of today, no call from Camping World. So I jump in the truck(as I was leaving with a camper one way or another) and head up there. Camper was promised BY Saturday so I expected a call by then. Got none.

Didn't go up there Friday or Sat as I went to Vadialia, GA for the airshow and took a flight in a Huey Helicopter for my B'Day...(Very Cool, BTW)

So anywho, I get up there and don't say a word and just stare at the girl... She quickly says , "You camper is done and has been done since Friday"... What no call I say, well the manager thought there was money due so she didn't call you.. How that makes sense I don't know...

Go out check it out, repairs seem to be done. 3 new switches , jacks working and J wrap replaced.. They tell me they'll bring it out...

As I'm asking for paper work, which of course is not ready and they will mail to me, I start speaking with the manager.

This is the part that got me FREAKING NUTS.... Oh, we didn't need to replace the jack.... WHAT??????????????

The part that was the hold up between you and heartland!!!!!! The part that held you up ordering the other parts!!!!!!!!!! After all the hemming and hawwing over not getting enough time to put the part in and finally getting Heartland to OK additional time and you don't put it in???????

I must say, when I go silent and red it the face it's time to run......

As I'm percolating I look to my right and there is that little weasel from Boat N Rv in Ridgeland, SC. They guy that lied through his teeth, the guy who claimed I never had a 50 amp cord after they stole mine, the guy who said he fixed my leaking waste tanks, that I fixed myself, the guy who lied and said they fixed my tv that I fixed my self...

JUST FREAKING PERFECT....

So, he walks away.. Maybe it was the I want to punch someone in the head and you'll do look I gave him... Maybe he just doesn't like me. :)

I come to find out, he'll be working at Camping World.. I tell the manager you have to be kidding. You lose a competent mechanic and you get a lying weasel? She makes a face... I tell her, if he works here I will never step foot in this place again and then go on a tirade of Terrance bashing.

So they pull my camper out and I start to hook up.. Hmmm, something is missing. OH, where the heck is my teflon lube plate... Some scrambling and they run out the door with a new lube plate... So Off I go, never so relieved to get out of there.

2 months 16 days for what turned out to be THREE SWITCHES and plenty of aggravation to go around for all parties involved.

P.S. Heartland should make sure they get their jack back and not get billed for installing it.

I just sat in the camper for over an hour just relaxing, I haven't seen it in so long it seems new.

rvdrive.jpg