Upfitter Switches - your use?

1adam12

My 2015 Ford F-250 6.7 came with upfitter switches and I currently am not using them for anything. I was wondering - what are some possible/interesting uses you all have found for these. I'm always "tinkering" around and am trying to think of some good uses for these switches.

rhodies1

My 2015 Ford F-250 6.7 came with upfitter switches and I currently am not using them for anything. I was wondering - what are some possible/interesting uses you all have found for these. I'm always "tinkering" around and am trying to think of some good uses for these switches.

Good for installing back up lights on your unit,

Oregon_Camper

I had the same question a while back. Here is a link to the thread I started with a lot of great input from the folks here.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...at-have-you-hooked-to-them?highlight=upfitter

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I think I'm going to add a LED light bar up front. Wire it to a upfitter. Program it to shut off when I turn the key off.
Haven't thought about the rest of them. Let me think.......

Bones

I think I'm going to add a LED light bar up front. Wire it to a upfitter. Program it to shut off when I turn the key off.
Haven't thought about the rest of them. Let me think.......
I like the light bar idea

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have my compressor for my train horns on one and the actual activation signal on another. Think I will have jwalker wire my tpms into one as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Thinking of the electric train horn wired to an upfitter and program it to momentary contact.

What else......

Bones

Thinking of the electric train horn wired to an upfitter and program it to momentary contact.

What else......

I have my compressor for my train horns on one and the actual activation signal on another. Think I will have jwalker wire my tpms into one as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what do you guys do if you accidentally hit the button early in the morning at the campground? :cool:

JWalker

So what do you guys do if you accidentally hit the button early in the morning at the campground? :cool:

I blame it on the other white Ram that looks almost identical to mine. And if your not there........I blame it on a Ford.

jimtoo

Hi seminole39,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Hide away cb on one, compressor for the air bags on one, bed lights on one, and the last one sends juice to a relay which activates the explosives for the wife's ejection seat she knows nothing about...