Upfitter Switches - your use?

travis_g

1. 20"light bar mounted in my bull bar up front
2. Bed lights
3. Radar detector mounted on top of the rear view mirror.
4. Will be either small light bar below sliding window or small pigs installed into back bumper

My air compressor for train horns is on an ignition relay and the activation relay is hooked to the regular horn positive wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The 2017 F350 has 6 upfitter switches, you can make 2 of them hot all of the time or move a fuse in the box under the hood and make all 6 only hot with key on. So I have #5 & #6 always hot.

#1) & #6) Are tied together with a 2 port cigarette lighter and 2 port USB under my seat right now. This way I can choose to charge my phone (with key on or off) when needed. Run the Wilson phone booster (with Key on or off) also my TST TPMS that I'm still running on the trailer for the heck of it.
So all of those components can be ran With the key or overridden and hot all the time if I choose, with the flip of a switch.

Key on #1) explained above
Key on #2) AirLift air compressor
Key on #3) 12V wire ran up to the top of the dash for Furrion Rear camera and radar detector
Key on #4) Trailer backup and side LED lights. Also come on when I put the truck in reverse
Hot #5) Always hot and Open at this time
Hot #6) explained above

Fun Fun :)

porthole

Retired
#1 Aux fuel tank solenoid
#2 Dash cam
#3 Idle up 'on'
#4 Air compressors

And since there were not enough up-fitters, I added 5 switches to the plate that holds the power port.

1) Air horn 'on' (controlled by steering wheel horn button)
2) Compressors on with vehicle off
3) Break circuit for front axle hubs. To back up driveway in 4W low without the locked hubs
4) LED's - flashers front and rear of truck
5) Turbo shutdown timer on-off