Upgraded parking pad for my Heartland Wilderness

SailorDon

I stored my Heartland Wilderness in my yard, exposed to the elements.

Today, I had a RV shed installed over the parking pad to give my Heartland Wilderness some protection from the elements.

sengli

We did the same thing 3 years ago. Keeping the UV off the rig while sitting there will extend its life quite a bit. Ours is 14 fee high by 40 foot long.

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 95

Kathi-27

how wide is your cover

how wide are your covers and can you open slides

Last edited by a moderator:

SailorDon

how wide is your cover
The RV shed is one of the standard sizes for Eagle Carports, although they can provide custom dimensions.
The one I had installed is 31 feet long by 18 feet wide. I think the base is 1 foot shorter in both length and width which allows for 6" overhang at the roof level.

With 18 foot width, I can leave my slide out in the open position. The awning only has a couple of feet to unroll so I leave it rolled up.

Even though the Heartland Wilderness 2175RB specification is 11' 9" height, the RV shed height of 10 feet is sufficient, as long as you don't specify end panels.

scottyb

That is about the coolest RV parking spot I have seen. Where is it located?

- - - Updated - - -

can anyone tell me how wide of a rv carport cover it takes to be able to open slides for bh

Probably about 16' minimum. If you want room to move around, then 18' is better. Remember that the advertised dimensions are outside. Post, beams, etc. reduce the overall space.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Well done SailorDon. Like the cover. We plan on putting a cover up that will be 65' long by 24' wide by 15' high. We want it big enough that our truck can still be hooked up under the cover or can be parked beside it.

OK Bette - my pad is bigger than your pad. Cover coming soon.
20141020 pad pour 4.jpg

I have to put in a pad and cover was trying to figure height and width for prowler 299 I know 40 long was guessing 14 high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

The company I used measured the height at the sidewalls. The peak was higher. I thought I would need at least 13' but was wrong. We ordered the 12' sidewalls. That was as high as the "standard" went. Over that and it got pricey. The salesperson was very helpful and knew the product well. Our RV is 13'4" at the highest point, however at the sides it is abt 12'. We have no problem with our 12' sidewall as the peak is over 14'. Our cover is 18'x45'. We can run out slides but not awnings. Plenty of walk-around room. We have abt 3.5' of room on each end. When we put it up we had a 33' 5er SOB. The Cyclone fits just fine at over 38' and 102" wide.
IMG_0524 (Medium).JPG

We have over 1' above the AC's(the tall dometic boxes). The limiting factor is the braces on each side which are not a problem. I have more pic if anyone is interested.

scottyb

We went with 14' eves and a 4:12 pitch. This gives me the ability to do work up on the roof in the shade.

Attachments

• 2013-1119-5.jpg
    2013-1119-5.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 71

SailorDon

We went with 14' eves and a 4:12 pitch. This gives me the ability to do work up on the roof in the shade.
If you put walls, windows and doors on that, you have a full scale over-size metal frame building.
That is the biggest RV shed I have seen that isn't a garage! :)