Upgraded Tires - Bridgestone M700 235 X 85 X 16 LT

DesertThumper

I had my old Tow Max Tires replaced today by Tire Pros Mobile Service. I feel so much better knowing that I have reduced my chances of tire risk by a great percentage. It cost me 1600.00 total. They brought me my new tires, balanced and mount. I asked for the steel valves but highly recommended to stick with the rubber valves. I said ok fine, since they will be replaced again after 3 - 5 years estimated. Once they were done mounting, gave him a tip $20.00! Then we took off to the DMV to complete my Class A NC. Nice and smooth and a little taller. We are very happy with the purchase. My tire guy in Simi Valley spoke highly of them since he owns a motor home and does quite a bit of trailers. Simi Valley has a high volume of RV owners in that community. The specs are similar to your Michelin Ribs. I did look at the specs side by side such as the tire maximum capacity size and structure build. My wife wanted these tires because it's an all season tire. We plan to head up to Montana in spring and said the ribs has no rating for snow and we might be better off with the Bridgestone since the ratings for snow traction is fair. I will post updates about this tire status as time passes. Here are some pics for us to share below.
20131003_101922.jpg20131003_103615.jpg20131003_101902.jpg20131003_102020.jpg

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Good looking tred design, what is the new tred depth?
Keep us posted on how they perform.

TXTiger

The specs are similar to your Michelin Ribs.

I have the Michelin XPS Ribs and Bridgestone tires on the F-350. Have been told that Michelin and Bridgestone are the same company. Think Michelin bought Bridgestone?

The specs are similar to your Michelin Ribs. I did look at the specs side by side such as the tire maximum capacity size and structure build. My wife wanted these tires because it's an all season tire. We plan to head up to Montana in spring and said the ribs has no rating for snow and we might be better off with the Bridgestone since the ratings for snow traction is fair.

The Michelin XPS Ribs are trailer tires and as such I do not believe they would not have a snow rating since they would not be mounted to the tow vehicle. NOt sure just my thoughts!

DesertThumper

That is what my tire guys said in Simi Valley CA. The snow specs won't show the ratings for a trailer due to a truck tire type like you mention. I agree. My tire guy's opinion is what I took since he does quite a bit of trailers and motor home tires in his community. I was going to have him install the Michelin Ribs at the last minute and he made a comment, "Duravis is the same tire as your Michelin Ribs"and recommend Duravis to save cost. Ok, so I took his word and trust his recommendation. After all, He knows more then I do about tires. I just pull it around. Thanks for your feedback!

DesertThumper

Two Toes, I talked to my tire guy today who installed my Duravis M700 HD. I asked him if both companies merged or not as one. He said no they are not one company they are competitors. But what he said was that the way they built the Michelin Ribs are very similar to the Duravis M700 HD with steel ply on the sides and bottom of the tire. Just thought I would give a heads up with what I have been informed.
The specs are similar to your Michelin Ribs.

I have the Michelin XPS Ribs and Bridgestone tires on the F-350. Have been told that Michelin and Bridgestone are the same company. Think Michelin bought Bridgestone?

The specs are similar to your Michelin Ribs. I did look at the specs side by side such as the tire maximum capacity size and structure build. My wife wanted these tires because it's an all season tire. We plan to head up to Montana in spring and said the ribs has no rating for snow and we might be better off with the Bridgestone since the ratings for snow traction is fair.

The Michelin XPS Ribs are trailer tires and as such I do not believe they would not have a snow rating since they would not be mounted to the tow vehicle. NOt sure just my thoughts!

TireHobby

I had my old Tow Max Tires replaced today by Tire Pros Mobile Service. I feel so much better knowing that I have reduced my chances of tire risk by a great percentage. It cost me 1600.00 total. They brought me my new tires, balanced and mount. I asked for the steel valves but highly recommended to stick with the rubber valves. I said ok fine, since they will be replaced again after 3 - 5 years estimated. Once they were done mounting, gave him a tip $20.00! Then we took off to the DMV to complete my Class A NC. Nice and smooth and a little taller. We are very happy with the purchase. My tire guy in Simi Valley spoke highly of them since he owns a motor home and does quite a bit of trailers. Simi Valley has a high volume of RV owners in that community. The specs are similar to your Michelin Ribs. I did look at the specs side by side such as the tire maximum capacity size and structure build. My wife wanted these tires because it's an all season tire. We plan to head up to Montana in spring and said the ribs has no rating for snow and we might be better off with the Bridgestone since the ratings for snow traction is fair. I will post updates about this tire status as time passes. Here are some pics for us to share below.
View attachment 26862View attachment 26863View attachment 26864View attachment 26865

I see your new tire have the colored dots. Did the installers use them correctly? Here is the reference.....http://www.bridgestonetrucktires.com/publications/ra_v13_i1/PDF/ra_v13i1 ask doc.pdf

DesertThumper

HI, after reading your attachment, I hope they did match them up. I will have to check myself. Thanks for that info. Good to know.

johnpsz

I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering if you have an update on these tires? I am debating between these and a couple other Duravis models and would like to hear about your experiences if possible.

Thanks,
John P.

DesertThumper

I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering if you have an update on these tires? I am debating between these and a couple other Duravis models and would like to hear about your experiences if possible.

Thanks,
John P.

Hi John,

The new tire set replacement are doing very well. We've put over 5000 miles on them. No problems, no defects, side walls very solid. We are very happy with the choosen purchase. The longest trip test with these tires is when we left CA to Montana and back. We felt confident that they will do the job for us. When not in use, I apply a liquid for rubber that has an SPF 40 protection on them. They also seem to keep the rubber in good shape underneath the tire covers.

Since we have a triple axle setup, we went one size up form the original tire size from the factory. The clearance between the tires are a little closer from each other but never was an issue at all when accumulating the 5000+ miles. Surface snow, dirt, mud and climate temperature changes from our experience seems to be fine.

I will be putting the same tire setup on our 25 foot car hauler trailer too. The sidewalls with these tires are awesome! If I recall, they are set at 3042 lbs per tire and with ours, the rim capacity pressure is setup at 80 PSI maximum. They still look brand new and the thread on them looks good.

Hope this helps and glad that you reminded me to re-post a status update about our tires.

Al

DesertThumper

I see your new tire have the colored dots. Did the installers use them correctly? Here is the reference.....http://www.bridgestonetrucktires.com/publications/ra_v13_i1/PDF/ra_v13i1 ask doc.pdf
That was my first question to the tire store. It did not seem to matter even though they say to align them.

Yes I've spent to many hours reading and researching to the point it became a big deal and DW said stop it your driving me nuts with weeks of talking about the same stuff. So I took there word. No problems so far so no worries when traveling at all. There is redundant discussions here and sometimes to political. Go with your best judgement and your heart. Just be careful with getting to wrapped up with a reoccurring discussion. It will drive you nuts.