Upgrading Tires from Load Range E to Load Range G

RSipes

2012 Cyclone 3800. Tired of tire failures in less than 2 yrs and under 4,000 miles. Speaking to several toyhauler owners that have made the jump to Load Range G 14ply tires and ending tire blowouts.

Will the Heartland factory rims handle the higher tire pressure and Load Range G tires ?

jimtoo

Hi RSipes,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

The inside of the rim should be stamped or have the weight rating and load limit cast into one of the spokes. Some time it is necessary to remove the rim to see the stamp or casting imprint.

Jim M

donr827

If you are the original owner you might call HL customer service. They might be able to tell you the type of rims they used.
Don

OEFVET

Most of the Toy Hauler owners have found that the load rating for the stock rims are ok. Problem is the stock rims don't recommend exceeding around 100psi of pressure. Depending on the G rated tires you want you may have to exceed that.

Lou_and_Bette

As Chris mentioned above, please check your rims before switching to the higher load limit tires. When we had our 2011 RW, I had two blow outs so changed to the Goodyear G614's. My wheels did not give a pressure limit but did give a weight limit (which correlated to E rated tires) but since I had a documented wheel by wheel weight I thought I was OK. Sure enough, had a rim that cracked. Contacted TreditTire about lifetime warranty and they denied my claim because I had "exceeded" the rim rating. Didn't matter to them about my documented weight, only that I had put a G rated tire on an E rated wheel. I replaced all 7 wheels, actually finding 2 more rims with cracks in the same location, from another company and vowed that, if I had a choice, I would never give Tredit another dime of my money.