Using auto level

carl.swoyer

This is the female half speaking.....

Does anyone use their auto leveling system when you park your trailer at your destination? If so do you use the yellow blocks underneath the jacks? Only had our trailer out once and we tried it and it totally freaked me out all the directions and how low it went. Is it best to keep it low or manually level it up higher with the blocks under it? It just seem like it was really low, but it was level....any comments on this is welcome. Hubby works a lot so I'm always on this reading everyone's comments, suggestions, questions - it really helps as we've always had a motorhome and this is totally new to us. Hubby has no issues as it's me with a ton of questions and love to hear everyones comments...you can always learn something new!

Thanks!!!!

Lynette
We always use auto level. When we disconnect we first stack blocks of wood under the jacks. This step keeps the Pistons up inside the assembly limiting the amount of sway. The only time we go Manuel is if the site has a slope. I have two long 2x12 planks that I drive onto.Then we block the low side and run the jacks down until they touch the ground/ blocks. This process keeps the wheels on the ground. If while using the auto level any wheels lift off the ground we abort and opt for the manual process.
3637a1c14729840b78ad9057a77e1786.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

macjj

This may be a late reply, but a wealth of good advice here. I have used the auto level feature since 2012. I don’t know how I lived without it. However I do not use th plastic blocks, nor snap pads. 2x12’s. Plastic blocks sink in dirt and asphalt (lost some that way). I am always concerned snap pads will get lost in transit (unless I take them off each time). I have leveled with wheels off the ground before, with no issues. Once it was a bit windy, so I wedged blocks under the lifted tires. Been back and forth across the states 5 times without a hitch. Even had two blowouts on one trip, used the jacks to lift the rig and change the tires. Lifted the entire rig using the jacks to install new axels and disk brakes (on concrete). The only time I don’t use blocks, is when parked on a concrete slab. Just my experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

emery395

auto level is saying 'success' but it shows front is -3 from rear and carpenter level bubble verifies the slope to the front. Is this considered normal tollerence for auto level?

Can I manually move legs to bring it to exact level?

Oregon_Camper

auto level is saying 'success' but it shows front is -3 from rear and carpenter level bubble verifies the slope to the front. Is this considered normal tollerence for auto level?

Sure...you can manually do that.

Now, your system needs to be reprogrammed for level. You can read up on this, or watch the video I did. Jump to around 1:30 mark, where I start this process.

https://youtu.be/eCtx8USquVs

NYSUPstater

If by chance you use auto for hooking back up, don't have your truck under it until it's done doing it's thing. Like when you hit auto after unhooking, the front end drops or kneels then goes up. Same thing happens when you use auto to hook up. I darn near dropped the RV onto the truck 1st time I used the auto hook up. Wife likes the feature. Son and I would rather use manual.

LBR

In reference to the tolerance of levelup, I had read that the system looks for plus or minus .3 (either a -.3 or +.3 from zero.)

PondSkum

I didn't want to create another thread for this simple question. My auto level hasn't worked since I purchased the rig used. The jacks "time out" before completing. I'm able to Manually level it with the controls, but on the display, it always says "Jacks: UP" I've never seen it say jacks extended, and therefore the Auto-Retract function does not work because it doesn't recognize the jacks as down or extended... Can someone with this system tell me if yours displays the jacks as down/extended as soon as they are extended, or after they are on the ground? Or does it only list them as extended if the auto-level function has completed successfully? I've been trying to diagnose this problem for over a year now, and still scratching my head, only thing I haven't done is replace control panel or battery (battery voltage is reading good, and all other 12v works fine).

carl.swoyer

I didn't want to create another thread for this simple question. My auto level hasn't worked since I purchased the rig used. The jacks "time out" before completing. I'm able to Manually level it with the controls, but on the display, it always says "Jacks: UP" I've never seen it say jacks extended, and therefore the Auto-Retract function does not work because it doesn't recognize the jacks as down or extended... Can someone with this system tell me if yours displays the jacks as down/extended as soon as they are extended, or after they are on the ground? Or does it only list them as extended if the auto-level function has completed successfully? I've been trying to diagnose this problem for over a year now, and still scratching my head, only thing I haven't done is replace control panel or battery (battery voltage is reading good, and all other 12v works fine).
Try replacing the 50 amp auto reset breaker. It's located next to your battery disconnect. They are pretty cheap to buy. I now carry extras.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Have you investigated whether the sensors are secured to the frame, receiving power/signal, or perhaps even nonfunctional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Seems like the primary problem is that after pressing AUTO, the system times out. The manuals say:

"“JACK TIME OUT” > system could not level in expected time, check for obstructions, leaks,
fluid level and voltage to pump motor under load."

How are you checking battery voltage? If it falls below about 12.4V under load, that might account for a time out. Voltage reading when on shore power will be 13.2 - 13.6V, but that's not telling you about the battery condition.

Cycle the level-up control to read system voltage. Then, while disconnected from shore power, have someone else operate one of your hydraulic slide outs while you watch the system voltage readout. That'll tell you how the battery is operating under load.

If that all checks out, call Lippert.