Utah us 89 from i-70 south

WilmanJim

Planning on heading to Glendale, UT. in October for a week. Has anyone traveled US 89 South from I-70 to Glendale with an RV. The Campground we are planning on staying in is the Bauer's Canyon Ranch RV Park in Glendale and they suggest coming in from St. George area. We will be coming from Moab and it would be about 150 miles shorter to take US 89 from the north. Thanks for any input.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
WilmanJim,
I have no clue why the person would tell you that. That makes no sense to drive all the way around through St George.
There is no reason not to take 89.
It's great drive and very senic. Much nicer scenery than 15.
I have pulled my rig through there several times with no problems at all. In fact, I am going up 89 to the Vernal rally in September.

FYI, Bauers is a nice park. We spend about half the year a short distance from Glendale. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

scottyb

I will be in Moab around 10/15 - 10/21. After seeing this topic, I checked out Bauer's, but it is too far off of my route. The area looks pretty nice. We will be coming from the west after a boat race at Lake Havasu. We can't possibly see everything in such a short time, so we decided to spend the whole week in Moab and catch the other attractions on another trip. We are looking for an overnight stopover around I-15 and I-70 junction. Then we are going to get an early start and try to get a good spot in one of the BLM sites on the Colo. River for some boondocking.

WilmanJim

Scotty.
Our plans are to be in Moab on Oct. 15th at the Spanish Trails Park for 4 days. Then head to Glendale for a week.
Safe travels.
Jim and Wilma

TXTiger

Check for road closures. When I took I-40 to the east from Calif in early May US89 was closed due to construction but this may be south of where you are traveling

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check for road closures. When I took I-40 to the east from Calif in early May US89 was closed due to construction but this may be south of where you are traveling

Tony,
89 is closed indefinitely south of Page Az. due to a slide.
You have to take 89A from Kanab past Lee's Ferry to get around the closure.

The OP was asking about a section of 89 that is way to the north of where you are speaking of. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: