Driving through New Mexico and utah in the Month of March?

busted2341

We are planning a trip to Mountain Valley RV Park in Heber City Utah. Friends want to stay April 1 so we would leave South Texas by middle of March driving through North Texas, then into New Mexico, southern tip of Colorado and then to the Northern part of Utah. Of course the people in Utah Rv Park tell us no problem because weather is in the 60's during the day and 30's at night. I am worried about road conditions through New Mexico and Utah Mountains. especially Provo, Utah. Has annyone traveled that way in March. Roadways? Icy? Snow/slushy? Just not sure and don't want to get stuck somewhere or worse, have to fly home with no rig!

Lynn1130

They can be. You just have to watch the weather and don't try it if winter storms are passing through. You don't say what routes you plan on taking. You are talking about parts of all those states that are mountainous and subject to some rather bad storms.

At this point it is all a guess. It could be 70 degrees and sunshine or I have run into some of the worst blizzards ever.

danemayer

We've had short duration blinding snow in southern Colorado between Santa Fe and Pagosa Springs as late as Mid-May. So you can get winter weather in March for sure.

You need to watch the weather forecasts and be prepared to stay an extra day here or there to allow time for roads to be cleared.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We like to go skiing over spring break, and sometimes you don't know what you'll get in New Mexico. But likely, they'll clear the roads fairly quickly if they do get enough to worry about. Just be aware of weather conditions and be flexible with your plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk