Valterra Sewer Solutions

MallardHead

Anyone use the Valterra Sewer Solution system? Pros ? Cons? Thinking about investing but I read that it is slower than the dumping with the traditional 3" sewer hose. Other than not chopping up the waste, I am thinking my factory installed black tank flush would do the same thing...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The SewerSolution does not replace the black tank flush system. It is a bit slower than the 3" dump line and requires a water source. It's advantage is that it will pump the effluent up to 35 feet (with an extension) up an incline. It does macerate the waste, too. If you go to a campground and get a site where the sewer pipe sticks several inches out of the ground and is uphill, you'll appreciate not having to massage the stinky slinky to dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SewerSolution does not replace the black tank flush system. It is a bit slower than the 3" dump line and requires a water source. It's advantage is that it will pump the effluent up to 35 feet (with an extension) up an incline. It does macerate the waste, too. If you go to a campground and get a site where the sewer pipe sticks several inches out of the ground and is uphill, you'll appreciate not having to massage the stinky slinky to dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with above. I have one and would not buy another. On you tube a guy built a see through tank and it showed how poorly it worked.

MallardHead

I agree with above. I have one and would not buy another. On you tube a guy built a see through tank and it showed how poorly it worked.
They did not have this version the last time I owned a TT (at least that I know of) and I am just getting back to a Travel Trailer again after a long break... So, looks like I should not buy one?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We tried one for awhile so that when we came back from our boon docking trips we could reach the clean out at our house to dump. Our neighbors used to line up and dump as well. Our observations were, it was seriously slow, it never seemed to get everything out of the tank, and it was cheaper than dumping at the KOA closest to us. I gave ours to a neighbor and we eventually agreed to send it to the dump.

CarterKraft

We tried one for awhile so that when we came back from our boon docking trips we could reach the clean out at our house to dump. Our neighbors used to line up and dump as well. Our observations were, it was seriously slow, it never seemed to get everything out of the tank, and it was cheaper than dumping at the KOA closest to us. I gave ours to a neighbor and we eventually agreed to send it to the dump.

I use when when I have to dump at home. It works fine for me for that use. I pump it 120' away from RV to the clean out on the house. I wouldn't use it at a site or park that had a dump station due to the speed and associated hoses required to use it.

Bob.jr

I am using a FlowJet system for about a year now, and I can pump up to 100' and empty a full black tank in about 5 minutes. Same for each gray tank. Cost about $250.00 at campingworld.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

stratcat

I use the sewer solutions. We winter on son's property, in his back yard it is about 110 ft from our unit to clean out. yes a little slower but when I can move the black water and debris that far through 1 in pvc I'm real happy that I don't have to move the rig to the clean out. I use the built in tank cleaning system to flush the tank takes 5-6 times to get it running clear. have used it at rv parks when drain is uphill or very flat from rig to clean out. I think it is worth every penny I paid for the system I carry 35 ft of hose for it...

jbeletti

I have one for use at my home but have yet to use it. When we get home in April, I'll be trying it for the first time. I need to pump maybe 25 feet and about 2 feet vertical. I'll test it on the gray first :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have one for use at my home but have yet to use it. When we get home in April, I'll be trying it for the first time. I need to pump maybe 25 feet and about 2 feet vertical. I'll test it on the gray first :)

It worked for me at the 2013 rally. Site SO222 was downhill from the sewer pipe and about the same distance/elevation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk