Vent keeps opening up

u243412

So I park the 3010 for a week til the next time. I found the roof vent over the bedroom to be almost wide open. I know I always close the ventswhen I park it. Maybe it was windy during that week.

So I close it and leave the RV for another week. I get back to the unit and find that the RV was open again? WTH?

This time I ensured that I tightened the knob that closes the vent. I'll go back after another week and see if it's open again.

Anyone experience this? - ie: auto opening vent (no it's not a fantastic vent)

thanks,

wdk450

I've had mine vibrate and unscrew open (I guess due to airflows) during travel. I try to remember to put a bungee on it before I travel. This doesn't quite sound like your problem, I think.
Does anyone else have access to the trailer?

irvin56

sounds like the teeth are not in great shape (never cut properly from factory), meaning gear is not fitting against arm properly. has this happened since new? I have had one in my old trailer worn out and would do the same with the wind blowing against it.

Just a thought

Wharton

WE had this problem when going down the road. Ended up just wedging a shim by the handle. For us this was an easy solution.