Views From Your Campsite

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
0b8b046f42a7b7f65939b835bbed56b9.jpg

You can't see it for the blowing snow, but there's a ski resort in the background behind that building!

We just arrived in Angel Fire RV Resort in Angel Fire, NM for a week of skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Tried something new for this picture...when from the inside of the trailer to the outside. You can barely see my truck way off in the left corner.

Capture.jpg

Bohemian

0b8b046f42a7b7f65939b835bbed56b9.jpg

You can't see it for the blowing snow, but there's a ski resort in the background behind that building!

We just arrived in Angel Fire RV Resort in Angel Fire, NM for a week of skiing.

We plan on ski camping. How are you dealihb w8yh w8nter conditions and water?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We plan on ski camping. How are you dealihb w8yh w8nter conditions and water?

At this resort, they would not allow a hose to remain hooked up to water if the temp was below freezing. So, we had to fill our fresh tank and use that exclusively. We had to fill about every three days, empty tanks after about 5.

Some parks may let you stay connected to water with a heated hose, but don't try this unless it's authorized. You can still have bad freezing problems and busted pipes if the hose bib is not protected.

MCTalley

Here's our site for the next few days. It is the Newport News City Park Campground (Virginia). We stayed here once before (on the same site) while visiting family in the area. It's a beautiful campground, very wooded, with water and 50 amp (on the "B" loop) electric. Many sites will easily handle a 40+ foot fifth wheel. There is a little traffic noise from I-64, but it's muffled a bit by all the trees.

i-9hPRWHk.jpg

This picture was taken from the front door looking straight out.

i-B2vJtG5.jpg

dlw930

All set up for a few days at Horseshoe Lakes Thousand Trails in Clinton, IN for a few days. Great site for shade, not so much for satellite TV reception. Time to go fishing!
d32d92d861c420cbd5990b01d8b7658d.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This is a few months old . . .

Took this in February, 2016 in Elephant Butte, NM on our way down to the Tucson, AZ HOC Rodeo Rally:

MoonRiseSunSetNM2016-IMG_4633.jpg

I call this 'Moonrise, Sunset'.

Aandaar

Here is ours. We are at Trinity Lake KOA in CA.
1f36567f750ea63b194807c8e776b342.jpg

Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie