Waiting to pick up our 2013 Cyclone 3010

T_Bearman

I'll be taking delivery of my new Ram 3500 crew cab with regular bed later in the summer, after which I'm looking forward to picking up a 2013 Cyclone 3010. Could somebody please explain to me the advantage(s) in using the Pullrite Superglide with this rig? I understood that the Cyclone's nose design allowed regular hitches to be used in short beds? I'm (obviously?) a newbie to all this, so please excuse if this is something obvious to the more experienced folks. Thanks. :)

jimtoo

Hi T_Bearman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

It is true you can use a regular hitch in short bed trucks. You should have no problem, but a lot of folks just like the extra room if needed. This can be handy if your on a very unlevel site. I'm sure some of our other family members will jump in with better answers that have the hitch.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Porkchop

I was told that I didn't need one for the Cyclone, but it's kinda like having insurance. I'm spending over 2k for a 5th wheel hitch anyway and if I ever did have an incident that's at least 500 for my deductable. AND what if I don't always have a Heartland product or what if I ever need to tow someone who doesn't have a heartland.

That's the only reason I got it. Other people don't have it in their shorter beds and they are fine...

HTH and congrats on your purchase!

Irene