Wall outlets (6 total) in back half of camper have no power

Red

2007 Big Country 3490 BH - During our last trip in March, mid way through our stay the wall outlets (6 of them) from the living room to the back bunk house lost power. The only thing I was running is a small floor heater. The heater still works but from that point forward the 6 wall outlets have no power. No breakers were tripped or fuses were blown and the only GFI reset I can find is in the bathroom. Is there another GFI reset ? My next step is to check for loose wiring in the junction boxes located behind the couch and at the base of the rear slide. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks, Red / Liberty Hill Tx

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From your description, check the wires on the back of the working outlet in that string, as well.

ParkIt

Haven't had time but are they three or four wire outlets? If they are three and one 'dies' the rest on that string won't work, you will need to replace all of the outlets.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
All good suggestiont have been given.
One other thing worth mentioning is that you do not want to rely on a visual check of the breakers.
Turn each breaker off then on again.

Peace
Dave

Jimmy

Sounds like it is a connection problem in the back of the receptacle where your heater was plugged in. Remove that Receptacle and snap the back off and re-seat the wires into the copper tabs. Make sure the power is off before you do this. Good luck.

Red

Thanks Jimmy, The wiring seemed fine but I went ahead and replaced the receptacle. Don't know if the heater was pulling to many amps and it damaged the receptacle but the replacement is working fine. Appreciate everyone's input. Travel Safely / Red