Wanting to replace furniture

We have a 2016 Landmark 365 Charleston. Looking to replace the furniture.
our furniture is starting to peel, (have seen the other thread concerning this issue).
My question is,,, How many folks have replaced with residential furniture?
how big of a concern is weight? Especially in a slide out?

Any opinions from those who have replaced with residential furniture
on brands? Especially, brands the come apart for easier moving into the rig?

Any opinions welcome concerning this endeavor!?!?!?!

Also our rig is in the shop for maint. items and it is an hour and a half
away from us. If anyone has a Charleston, maybe fulltimers, who can
measure the couch and stadium seat for width and let me know I would appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We put power reclining theater seating from Havertys in place of our fold out couch. Weight was similar and the backs came off it making it easy to get into the RV. We also found a small manual recliner that we put in place of the two cheap recliners that cane with our Landmark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

LazyBoys have some series that are smaller and will fit most places. Do not buy their bonded leather it will peal also.
Don

Hogladyrider

We live full time in our Cyclone 3611JS which is a toyhauler with a slide within a slide in the living area. With that being said the couch sits up on a raised platform that is in the slide.

We really dislike the couch, both pull lever chords for the recliners have frayed and broken in just 1-1/2 years. We can purchase replacement pulls for $10 from Amazon but the sofa is NOT comfortable.

This summer we removed the two inner sections and gave them away to a friend. We began our research to replace the two end recliners. Please note we research things to every end before we pull the plug.

Did we want to replace with a sofa or theater seating, or just two separate recliners.

I found a thread here on the Owners Forum where a member showed pictures of the new residential furniture he purchased to put in his RV.

Best Home Furniture. They have a great web site and they make furniture that is smaller depths to comply and fit in a slide out if that is where you need new furniture.

We visited furniture stores in Rapid City, South Dakota, Elkhart, Indiana and now back in Florida where we winter. We looked at many brands including LazyBoy.

Today we ordered our two new recliners, Best Home Furnishings Costilla model space saver with power headrest and power overall. We are very pleased with the fit, finish and quality of the Best Home Furnishing builds and we would not hesitate to recommend this brand to anyone.

It will be 4 weeks before we receive our chairs and I will post photos when we get them installed.

Susan & Gary

Hogladyrider

Here is an RV blog post I found about buying RV furniture in Elkhart...

https://camperchronicles.com/2017/10/10/first-time-buying-rv-furniture/

Thank you for the link we are avid followers of Lee & Tracy's Camper Chronicles blog.

We even visited the two places they talk about in this blog entry.

Each person has to make their own decisions regarding their budget, comfort and when and where to purchase whether it is an RV or replacement furniture.

We still prefer Best Home Furnishings that we wound up purchasing.

Bottom line is that is very nice to learn there are MANY options out there for us fulltimers vs just replacing RV furniture with more RV furniture!

Susan & Gary

chiefneon

Howdy!

We fulltime in our RV and when we decided to replace the furniture in it we found the best deal was Lambright Comfort Chairs located in Shipshewana, IN. We took our 5er to them they measured the area and they custom build it to fit. They can build the furniture in only a couple of days. Once finished we pulled the 5er back to them they removed the old furniture and place the new inside the RV. The cost of the furniture was very reasonable and it is well made by Amish. My wife even picked our the material she wanted to match inside our 5er. I would definitely use them ever needed.

”Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Donhutch1800

We have a 2016 Landmark 365 Charleston. Looking to replace the furniture.
our furniture is starting to peel, (have seen the other thread concerning this issue).
My question is,,, How many folks have replaced with residential furniture?
how big of a concern is weight? Especially in a slide out?

Any opinions from those who have replaced with residential furniture
on brands? Especially, brands the come apart for easier moving into the rig?

Any opinions welcome concerning this endeavor!?!?!?!

Also our rig is in the shop for maint. items and it is an hour and a half
away from us. If anyone has a Charleston, maybe fulltimers, who can
measure the couch and stadium seat for width and let me know I would appreciate it.
We just replaced our couch and recliners with residential furniture.It was lighter than the factory stuff that came out of it.Not to mention the furniture we put back in it is better than any rv furniture and cost less.

Hogladyrider

What we learned from replacing our RV furniture with residential is the importance of knowing your dimensions for your space requirements and weight.

We looked at many different brands including Lazy Boy, Lambrights and several others in the Elkhart area.

We chose Best Home Furnishings, which we found from another RVr post on the forum. We picked up our two space saver power recliners with power headrests just yesterday and we couldn't be more pleased. The construction and quality is top notch, equal to if not better than Lambrights.

Best Home Furnishings has a very detailed website including weights and dimensions and many many choices as well as locating a local dealer.

Thanks to the original poster for the lead to this great furniture company!

Susan

IMG_20171130_130539020_HDR.jpg