Warranty issues with North Trail?

lkeener

I purchased a 22FBS Northtrail in August. I had used the trailer 1 time and found some issues. The major issue was the sensors for the black tank says 2/3 full all the time even after several clean outs. Took back to the dealer who recommended baking soda??? No luck. Now after the third trip the LED lights on the canopy started going out. Anyone got an recomendation as to what to do with these issues. How is the warrenty with Heartland?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Warrenty issues?

Tank sensors, especially in the black tank, are notorious for being inaccurate. I never even look at mine. I know when to dump when the toilet starts to 'burp' when it is flushed.
If your LED lights are a problem then you should talk to your dealer about replacement. Warranty should take care of that.

Peace
Dave

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Heartland has amazing warranty and customer service. The problem is that you have to have a repair facility/dealership that does good repair work for it all to come full circle and give you the satisfaction you need.

The problem with the black tank is more likely toilet paper that has stuck to your sensor. That will not be a warranty issue. I thorough flushing of the black tank on every single dump will help to eliminate that, along with various tank cleaning and waste treatment additives that you can put in. A lot of folks (me included) use Calgon water softener that we put into our empty black water tanks after we thoroughly flush and prior to travel, along with about 5 gallons of fresh water in the tank to slosh around and clean debris off of the side of the tank and off the sensors. Another suggestion is a couple bags of ice with approximately 5 gallons of water poured in right before driving to also help slosh around and clean the sides of the tank and sensors.

The LED's will just need to be replaced. The strip is easy to remove and replace. If you don't feel like doing it and want to take it in, choose your repair facility wisely. They don't have to be an authorized Heartland Dealership for Heartland to authorize the repair. Contact Heartland, have your VIN handy and give them a list of your problems.

Rod

mbopp

I made a cleaning wand that goes down the toilet and sprays water sideways. They're also available at camping stores. It works keeping my sensors clean. The factory tank rinser doesn't do the job.
Caveat - I can hook up and dump the tank at home, and take my time rinsing the tank.