Watch out for that pole!

FiremanBill

OK I'm thinking I might be getting too old for this stuff... Playing softball tonight for my Church team and was going after a foul ball from 1st base. I knew I was getting close to the fence but my pitcher yelled out "plenty of room" right after that I nailed the fence dead square on the post. Those poles don't give... at all.

My face really hurts...

Attachments

• pole!.jpg
    pole!.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 185

Eddhuy

When you were younger, you would have seen the pole, no doubt. I lost most of my peripheral vision, I know better than to play around solid objects.

FiremanBill

I am sure.

I just turned 50 and having lost 40 pounds over the last couple of years I feel better than I did when I was 30. I often forget that I am not young any longer. In the past year I have run 3 full marathons, 2 half marathons, and a 206 mile relay race from through the mountains of Virginia. Just this past weekend I did a 50k trail race on my 50th birthday.

Ain't no pole gonna stop me!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
OUCH Bill, that is one mean looking goose egg! Don't hurt yourself any more, we all want to meet you in Temperanceville.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Better your face than your coach, which is what I was expecting to read.... You'll heal just fine. ;)

JK, hope you don't have a headache for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiremanBill

Better your face than your coach, which is what I was expecting to read.... You'll heal just fine. ;)

JK, hope you don't have a headache for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, I thought that might get a few folks. Funny, I am much more careful with my coach than my own body!

olcoon

Sure the pole didn't at least wobble? From the looks of things you whacked it pretty good! I ain't going to say anything about a hard head!!! Sounds like I'm not the only one that can relate to Garth Brooks' song...I'm much too young to be this **** old! BTW, at 50 you are just a pup!

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
thats one of the reasons I quit softball at 58. I
now stick to golf and fishing

ParkIt

Ouch! Well, if its any consolation and DW asks you to do something and you don't...you can chalk it up to a 'slight concussion'. We figure our DH's have that all the time so you'd probably get a pass on that ;)

FiremanBill

I saw that... looks like it hurt too!

We are on a good roll, we won again tonight 14-2, that's 4 in a row now and we are in 3rd place in the league.

ParkIt

I saw that... looks like it hurt too!

We are on a good roll, we won again tonight 14-2, that's 4 in a row now and we are in 3rd place in the league.
Well, there goes your excuse for a 'slight concussion' with the DW lol
Sounds like you are going to be a tough team to beat - even with those poles that pop up outta nowhere ;)