Water filter and regulator install

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I have never been happy with the pressure in any trailer I had-but then I had always used a cheap 10 dollar pressure regulator. I also did not like the little blue in-line water filter even though I have this mental block about not drinking the water from a campground. I did not need an elaborate filter system or a water softener, just a simple single filter.

After procrastinating for years, I finally did something about it.

I did not want to carry another Tupperware tub with a filter set up in it. We also do a lot of cold weather camping so I wanted as little plumbing outside the coach as possible other than the heated and insulated water hose.

I mounted a 5 micron charcoal filter on the forward wall of the UDC.
Before:
IMAG0561.jpg

After:

IMAG0562.jpg

I mounted a house water regulator inside the UDC and ran the inlet through the floor of the UDC with a quick disconnect on the bottom side.

IMAG0567.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

I have a little cap I can put on the disconnect to keep dirt and critters (mud dobbers) out of the water line.

I was also able to reuse most of the black tank flush system.

One thing I need to add is a gate valve above the UDC floor. Never thought about it when I installed this.

The holes for the water lines in the floor and UDC wall is a very tight fit for the 3/4" PEX. (Almost an "interference fit " for you machinists out there. ) I do need to add a bulkhead cable fitting. Once that is in I will not have to remove the floor cap for any reason and the little squirrels will stay out of my UDC.

Instead of coming back through the wall with the supply line, I just tied into the center of the Anderson valve that HL is now using. I also put a test plug in the standard supply hook up in case I have a blonde moment and hook a water hose to it.

I guess I could have used a blue PEX line but red is what I had laying around.

Maybe this will help someone who is thinking about the same thing.