Water Filtration System

jpmorgan37

nhunter

We're glad that you didn't get the Cardinal also because we would have miss out on all of your valuable input to the forum.

Now you're talking to me!!!!!!!!! Lot's of Scots in my family tree.

John

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I bought my filtration canisters from Lowes, I purchased 2 Whirlpool whole house canisters for $15.00 each, plus brass hose connectors and a brass pipe to connect the two. I have added brass kwik disconnects to everything water related and in matter of minutes, water is flowing. It's kinda nice knowing when I get a glass of water from the tap and ice from the ice machine it's drinkable. I would have to say one of my better investments and well pleased. ---Ken

h2ok9

Will be getting our rushmore end of next week and we've been shopping for a filter system. Went to lowes and saw a whole house system that doesn't require filters and is supposed to last for 500,000 gallons and then throw whole unit away. Costs $300.00. (whirlpool whelj1) Unit stands about 34" tall. Am wondering if anyone has used or have knowledge of them and also is the rushmore basement tall enough to mount one in. Unit recylces itself every 14 days (Programmable adujustable) by backwashing through filter medium, so must have drain line, but think that mod could be made. Biggest issue is basement height.

SmokeyBare

Seems to be a new product. Nothing new as to how it operates though. Does require power from a 110 Volt - 24 Volt transformer. It shouldn't be too complicated to install but It would require enough heat in the location where it will be put for freezing weather conditions. I would guess it would be taken out of the RV, should the RV be Winterized. From what I see it does filter for sediment and reduces the taste of chlorine. It will also need to be connected to a drain... down stream of any valves for the back-flush feature.

Here is a Link to the product:
http://www.ecodynewatertreatment.com/cwfs/Index.asp

Here is a Link to a few Q/A:
http://www.filtersfast.com/forums/w...elj1-whole-house-water-filtration-system.html

Good Luck on your research.