Water in basement

rickylynne

We just discovered a water problem in our Sundance XLT 305ES. The large storage compartment is soaking wet (as is everything that was in it). No sign of where the water came from. Seems not to have come from above. It doesn't smell bad, so it's either fresh water or rainwater or our city water hook-up. Any ideas?

danemayer

Could be a loose connection at the water pump. I don't know about your Sundance, but on many rigs, the pump is behind the rear wall of the pass through storage, near the water connections.

rhodies1

We just discovered a water problem in our Sundance XLT 305ES. The large storage compartment is soaking wet (as is everything that was in it). No sign of where the water came from. Seems not to have come from above. It doesn't smell bad, so it's either fresh water or rainwater or our city water hook-up. Any ideas?

Take down your basement wall and look at all your water lines connections,your lines are most likely pex crimped..I have a BH and found quite a few of the pex crimps not tight enough and the connections to the water pump,hot water tank and shower lines in back of shower were not tight,thus found water in basement.Take the time to check this area and connections.It was amazing how many leaks I found,good luck.

Capt7383

My basement door was leaking on my bc 3070. Alot of time with a flashlight and the wife outside with a hose. After failed attempts with weatherstripping my solution was installing a gutter above the door

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

2012 Landmark Rushmore door s were leaking and the Anderson valve needed a new bushing. Plus alot of loose fitting s so I went through everything.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had a small water leak in our basement . . .

At first I thought it was the shower leaking . . .

Turned out that the fresh water in fitting on the back of the toilet wasn't tight, so every time someone would flush, water ran along the water pipe and down into the basement where it would drip on the floor.

I finger tightened it and solved the problem, although on our recent trip to the AZ HOC Rodeo Rally in Tucson I found it dripping again.

Another finger tightening . . . and it stopped!

I am going to put some plumbers tape on it before our next trip to see if that stops if for good!

carl.swoyer

I had a fitting like that under my sink it had been overtightened and cracked. May want to visually Check it

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !