New water pump, water still going into fresh tank while in "City" position

NYSUPstater

I installed a new water pump and while on most recent outing, left the fresh tank drain open just in case water still went into it. Sure enough it did, but not as bad. So at this point, my options are to turn the OE Anderson valve w/o pressure on it a few times OR just simply replace the OE A-valve w/ the new brass one which is in a box here in living room. Next trip is w/o hook ups, so need to fill tank before leaving. Then next full H/U isn't til Labor Day w/e.

Your thoughts?

jmarnell

We had issues with the original Anderson 4-way valve in our Cyclone several times. Replaced the cartridge once which worked for a while, then acted up again. Finally replaced the original plastic valve with the new brass version a couple years ago and haven't had any problems since. I would install the new brass valve you have.

david-steph2018

We bought a brass valve during the 2019 National Rally in Goshen. We went 3 years and June 2022 the plastic Anderson valve went bad. But I had the spare in the rig with us, and changed it out sitting in Nephi, UT.
I just bought a spare Anderson valve to carry with us, just in case.

spectra

We had issues with the original Anderson 4-way valve in our Cyclone several times. Replaced the cartridge once which worked for a while, then acted up again. Finally replaced the original plastic valve with the new brass version a couple years ago and haven't had any problems since. I would install the new brass valve you have.
Same issue with my 2017 Road Warrior. Replaced the A valve with the new updated brass version...problem solved!

LBR

Likewise here with stepping up to the brass valve.

I babied my original one all the time....bled-off the water pressure before turning, turned in one direction only, pulled cartridge and lubed the O-rings a couple time....all to no avail. This brass ABCO valve is a great replacement.

I don't think ABCO is going to continue with the OG replacement cartridges anymore, so the fix will be brass units only.