Water in rear storage on 3690

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We had a major storm come through last week and the rear storage compartment got over an inch of water in it. We cleaned it out, ran fans for two days, locked it back.

We just an afternoon shower and there is water in it again. Where could this be coming from?

I can provide more details as necessary but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The mold potential terrifies me since I am highly allergic to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azbigfoot

I would guess from the top of one of your windows. That is where I had a leak. Now carry waterproof blue painters tape for emergency leaks and to help keep from making a mess when caulking the rig.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I went out again after sopping up all the water. It was raining hard and sure enough, another flood.

I cleaned out the back and then check the side compartment where the outdoor kitchen is. Imagine my surprise to see a tiny waterfall coming over the top of the wooden wall/flashing at the bottom of the compartment. It's right there in the front where the metal frame of the rig is. It's coming in somewhere above, running down the rear corner of the rig until it hit that metal frame and then it spews over the piece of wooden wall trim. After more poking I think it's coming in the outdoor kitchen doorframe. Probably bad caulking.

Have taped trash bags over the area to see if that helps. Sure my neighbors love that. ;)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since you have a rear kitchen and the outdoor kitchen, might you have a plumbing leak?

Peace
Dave

azbigfoot

Is the blue painters tape waterproof? I have that on board.

I would suspect the normal blue tape is NOT waterproof. I specifically went to Home Depot to look for wide outdoor/waterproof blue painters tape to eliminate the gummy reside when caulking. I found some with waterproof backing.

MCTalley

Does your 3690 have the flat rear exterior wall like ours, or is it a newer one with the molded rear cap?

(We haven't had issues with the kitchen or the under-kitchen storage compartment getting wet).

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
It's the flat back wall.

We taped a trash bag over the outdoor kitchen door and everything is completely dry so it's the caulking at the top of that door, which of course I can't see from the ground. ;)