Water in underbelly

hantzum

2016 heartland cyclone 4200 ultimate here. So I have had two major leaks in the past 2 trips which have both occurred within the past two months. The main tub leaked an immense amount of water and I didn't notice it until it actually had leaked so much it came out of the side of the underbelly. I quickly identified the leak which was the putty between the tub and the drain ; which had basically disappeared and I replaced the pvc and replaced the drain with new silicone and leak fixed. This most recent I noticed the water pump would randomly kick on from time to time for about 2 seconds about every 30 min. This is the first time we have dry camped this year so this leak too must have been going on for some time just never noticed it. Obovisly the pump was loosing water pressure and represurizing itself. Again I found the leak. It was a hairline fracture in a plastic T fitting for the cold water line. So I fixed and no more leak. Well I drive home and when I get home today I notice water running outside of my under belly. Not much just where the water had been running out from driving. So I pull part of the under belly out. Between the front and middle axel in the middle of the coach (it's a hole that I cut and have retapped for access to the hydrolic slide so I can silicone it and maintain it) and between the actually under bellly which is hard black corrugated plastic and the solar plastic (it's a thin reflective plastic I'm guessing it's used for insulation purposes) I find water. Not a lot, just - little bit of water between the under belleynand the thin reflective plastic. I shine my flashlight and it's all the way to the front of the coach or at least by where the main water leaks were. So.....this water has one; been there for almost two months and not dried or two; just got there now after this leak. Question is???? What do I do? Jack the front of the rig as high as it will go and open the hole and let that water drain as much as I can and then just dry?? Or let it just sit and hope it dries? Will it cause a fowl wet air smell in the coach next time I take it out or will it just dry? Should I pull that whole **** under belly off ( most ideal) and dry it whilest inspecting the under belly? This option would most likely be done by the dealer. Anyway anyt thoughts and suggestions are. Appreciated.
Thanks

Garypowell

Anytime I drive in the rain I get some water in my underbelly. It seems to dry up ok by itself.

I have read here that others have put strategic drain holes in the cloroplast.

You our might want to take a wait and see attitude.....

danemayer

The water location is key. Water from a plumbing leak will usually be on top of the foil. In between the foil and coroplast suggests the water is more likely from driving through water on road. As suggested, poking a few drain holes will allow the water to drain. The remaining moisture will evaporate by way of the various openings in the underbelly.

You can probably poke holes by twisting a 1/4" drill bit by hand. If you use a power drill, put tape on the bit so you don't go any further than necessary to penetrate the coroplast.

meagle

Whenever I drove in the rain I had a huge amount of water in the underbelly of my Landmark. Three different dealers said it was a problem that needed to be fixed. Heartland refused to deal with it under warranty. I copied numerous post of owners complaining about this problem. They did not want to admit that they have a problem. I ended up using scrim tape, silicone, and creating rubber barriers around the slide pistons out of old rubber inner tubes to help reduce the problem. I also put a small opening at the lowest point in the underbelly. It cost me a couple of hundred dollars and hours of work but now I only get a little water in the underbelly. Heartland has a sub par process for their protection under the coach.