Water inside Norcold

Georgia_Biker

We have a Big Horn 3610RE with a Norcold Refrigerator - no ice maker. We have had our rig going on 15 months. Recently inside the frig condensation has been excessive under the freezer and it leaks out of a catch tray and down in the bottom drawer.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

hoefler

Check the drain line, make sure it is clear. Also, check the door seals for proper contact when close.

Georgia_Biker

Thanks for the reply. Not to sound dumb - but where is the drain line? There is a little catch tray under the cooling fins with a drain hole in the corner and that is where the water exits and falls in the drawer.

DougAndJudy

Thanks for the reply. Not to sound dumb - but where is the drain line? There is a little catch tray under the cooling fins with a drain hole in the corner and that is where the water exits and falls in the drawer.

My line was plugged at the outside end. Open the lower access panel outside. You should see the end of the line emptying into a small pan. Check the end of the drain hose there.

Georgia_Biker

On second thought I am dumb. I went out to check the unit again. I slid the catch tray out to see what was behind it and low and behold there was the drain line on the left hand side. I simply turned the tray around, slid it back in and connected the lines together. Next I talked with my wife and asked if she had removed the tray for cleaning - she admitted she probably did but did not pay attention to how it went in.
A point for me! (rare occurance)