Water Intake Fill Hose Bib leaking

lizzymit

We gave a 2011 Bighorn 3610RE. When we attach our outside water hose to the trailer we are getting lots of leaking into the underbelly It appears to be coming from behind the outside water connection that we screw into.

We have tried different hoses, pressure reducers, and washers. Nothing solves the problem.

Now i am wondering if I should replace the hose connection piece?

Any comments?

caissiel

You might have a loose connection. I had to snugg up all the connection in there on our unit as soon we started to use it.
Just pull out the panel and see where the water drips. I am ready to bet that a screwed connection is loose.
The assembly line plumbers need a bit more power on their pipe fitting twist procedure, but not enough to break the connections

jnbhobe

Just what the other guys said, open the wall and check all your connections while your back there.

funntheson

I had the same problem. After many failed repair attempts, I attached a brass 90 degree elbow to the connection, and I havent had a leak since. This effectively takes the pressure from the weight of the hose off of the connection on the panel.

lizzymit

Thanks for the reply. We are also looking at a new 2011 Ford F250 Diesel to tpw. How do you like your new Ford? Amy first year issues?

caissiel

Well said funnthesun I had to do the same thing and run a hose to a water filter. It was aways a hit and miss trying to attach the hose to the OEM fitting.

jnbhobe

Thanks for the reply. We are also looking at a new 2011 Ford F250 Diesel to tpw. How do you like your new Ford? Amy first year issues?

I have had no problems with my truck, Had it since St Pats 15K on it towed for 7K. I've had a lot of trucks this is by far the best. ( hope it stays that way )

funntheson

I have had my truck for about a year now. It is awesome, and i haven't had a single problem with it.

I just had the same problem on this last trip with our 2012 3610RE. I too had to tighten the connection at the panel, and just sent it in to Camping World for them to check all connections behind the panel. It seemed to stop leaking when I tightened up the connection, so I'm willing to give the suggestion of a 90 degree elbow to relieve the weight off the end of the hose a shot.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ron Pontecore