Water Leak by fresh water valve

wjp1442

We have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE. On my last 2 trips I have noticed water dripping down the valve where the fresh water tank drain valve is. At first I thought the valve was bad and leaking. But upon further inspection, the water was coming from somewhere under the flashing. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks for any info.

Garypowell

Can't help much but maybe help with an insight. Last winter my drain valve froze. As I thawed it out I cut back the coroplast I realized the line to this valve did not drop straight down from the tank. It ran at least a foot going forward.

My point here here is it might not be the valve but something else leaking somewhere and simply coming out that opening in the coroplast.

Mine is a 2013 so layout might be different.

wjp1442

That's what I thought as well. I just can't figure out where it is coming from. I was thinking condensation from the fridge, but I guess it will have to go in to get diagnosed. Thanks

danemayer

If you have a refrigerator with ice maker, the water feed line needs to be evacuated over the winter or it will freeze as soon as temps get below 32(F) and subsequently will leak.

Gaffer

Two more thoughts, make sure that the reefer drain hose is sticking out through the cover and if you have traveled over wet roads recently, it could be road spray above the coroplast. (Spelling ?)

wjp1442

No we don't have an ice maker, which would have been nice. I think it might be the drainage from the fridge.

wjp1442

I think that may be the answer. We had to redo the fridge baffles do to the heat here in Az not letting the fridge get cold. I do not see any drain hose poking out. The leaking doesn't start until we have been set up for a couple of days. Thanks for the tip. I will be looking at this ASAP.