Water leak in Kitchen Slide

Wharton

We only believe this happens when the slide is out and we have a slide awning.

When we are parked we have developed a water significant water leak. We have checked the walls, doesn't appear to be there. Could it be coming in via the refrigerator vents? We have not been on the roof to look as it has been raining for 2 days. We have a drawer below the refrigerator and it appears dry under the drawer. We will pull the bottom drawers later after breakfast and double check.

We did drive one day in the rain and had no leak.

Has anyone had this problem?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Water leadk in Kitchen Slide

I had a similar problem that caused deterioration of the floor right in front of the refrigerator and up to the steps. While I never have identified the exact culprit, I believe it was from a leak on the roof where our antenna had hit a tree limb and and separated a little of the sealant around it. I believe water was entering at this point and following a path down to the floor. Part of my conclusion was based on the musty smell we had in our pantry at the same time. So far, fixing the sealant around the antenna seems to have corrected the problem (I still need to repair the floor - but that's another story). I replaced the carpet in the bottom of the pantry and used Fabreeze on the walls and no longer have the musty smell. The only other possible culprit I thought about was water getting in during a trailer wash at a Blue Beacon or coming in past a seal while driving in a heavy rain (both of which I had done prior to this occurring).

Another forum member from NC had a problem with the black tank flush anti-siphon valve that is located in an interior wall behind the shower. You may want to check that also.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

The kitchen slide of a 3670 should not be affected by an errant tank flush anti-siphon valve or any of the roof vents, for that matter. If you have a slide topper, look under it to be sure the top (and side) seals are fully deployed. Especially check the corners since they are exposed to the elements. Also, take a look at the lower grille on the side of the slide to ensure the refer drain tube is protruding through an opening and not draining onto the floor behind the refer. And pull the grille to inspect that drain line to be sure it's not broken. That flimsy plastic tubing snaps easily.

If you have an ice maker, check the lines for that, as well.

Wharton

After 2.5 days of rain we were able to get out and look at the seals. The seal at the top of the kitchen slide doesn't look right but the ground is too soft for a ladder right now. We will check it out once things dry out a bit. Thanks for the lead.

Wharton

Update: The top gasket when the slide is out did not flip out. We have flipped it out and hopefully the next time the kitchen goes in and out it will flip the correct way.

Bobby A

Update: The top gasket when the slide is out did not flip out. We have flipped it out and hopefully the next time the kitchen goes in and out it will flip the correct way.

I had a leak a few weeks back, I got on the roof and caulked a couple places and was able to correct the problem but I don't know which area I caulked was the culprit. I keep a awning rod in the basement to pull out those sweeps that don't deploy fully when bringing out the slide outs.

Wharton

We have an electric awning but used a yard stick. Might buy a larger dowel for this type of problem.