water on top of slide - nurther looksee

charliehorse

With DW helping me we re-examined the water on top of slide issue - we noticed the bedroom slide ( always bone dry) has the interior flap and a horzontal channel type rubber seal that pushes tight against the white header pad on the back of the trim valance . the living room slide has only the flap - no horzontal rubber channel . does someone know if this set up is correct or do i have a piece missing (from the last repair) over the living room slide. Maybe when perfectly level and a soft rain the channel is not important - but I had a hard rain from the slide side and may have not been perfectly level. Thanks for some input.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our bedroom slide is like yours, the slide has the D seal rubber which butts against the exterior coach wall. The kitchen and living room slide, however, have the D seal incorporated into the slide wipe seal (I have seen these called P seals) with nothing on the slide trim panels.

Thats the best I can explain it. Someone else may have a photo or two!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our LR slide has both a flap and a "D" seal. I don't know but I doubt that they have done away with that seal.