water pressure regulator

I recently bought a 2019 BIG COUNTRY 3092 FL , My question is, does it have a water pressure regulator built in or do i need to use a water pressure regulator when i hookup water?

Gaffer

Don't put this on the back burner. I have been to RV parks with over 100 psi at the hose bib.

Jim828

Get a Watts adjustable with gauge from rvwaterfilterstore.com. Works great and doesn't reduce the flow like some.

i have one coming to me, i just heard somewhere from someone that these units had 1 built in so i had to ask. Either way i WILL be using one everywhere i hookup, including my house. thanks for your input.

Fox

I used this regulator during the past week: https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/F3004.htm

Campground pressure never exceeded 22 pounds - yet I had plenty of shower power.

My two complaints are tools are required to turn the adjustment knob AND it's not marked which way is pressure up/down (requires experimentation each time).

CoveredWagon

Don't put this on the back burner. I have been to RV parks with over 100 psi at the hose bib.

We just stayed at a park where they caution campers to use a pressure regulator

- - - Updated - - -

i have one coming to me, i just heard somewhere from someone that these units had 1 built in so i had to ask. Either way i WILL be using one everywhere i hookup, including my house. thanks for your input.

I installed mine on the outlet of our water filters. Again purchased from our friends at the water filter store.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

How high of water pressure can our RVs safely withstand?

This is from Pg 12 of the water systems guide:

Water Pressure and Water Flow Water pressure at the campground faucet can vary tremendously. At one location it might be 30psi or even less. At another, it could be 200psi. Your plumbing system is designed to operate at 40-50psi, and should never be subjected to water pressure greater than 60psi.

Link to the complete guide:

Water Systems Guide V1.2.pdf

mlpeloquin

I stayed at several RV parks that had water pressure 150psi and one with 200psi. Your hose will not withstand that pressure. You still need a pressure regulator at the source to protect you hose in a few parks. If you do a fixed install of the regulator, carry an extra one for those few parks.

My 2019 Big Horn has a tag above the City Water Fill connection that says, Not To Exceed 100#.
Choose a pressure regulator that has a high flow rating, some only flow like 3/4 gallon per minute.
I purchased mine from The Water Filter Store, it flows 4 gallons per minute & is adjustable on the pressure.

Hockster