water regulators- connect at the faucet or at the camper?

porthole

Retired
Thanks John - more to buy :)

I re-did my water tanks and plumbing last week. I can now fill the tanks from a manifold, but it is difficult to hear the gurgling when full now. And I can tell you these tanks do not like being maxed out full, they really get distorted.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks John - more to buy :)

I re-did my water tanks and plumbing last week. I can now fill the tanks from a manifold, but it is difficult to hear the gurgling when full now. And I can tell you these tanks do not like being maxed out full, they really get distorted.

Can't take it with you and you can't send it ahead, so you may as well spend and enjoy it now while you can.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the Valterra A01-1117VP Valve with gauge. It is a very nice set up. I have it connected at the spigot just after a brass Y with gate valves. Set at 58 PSI, I get a great shower and I can connect a second hose to do anything I need.

happykraut

I just ordered mine from Amazon. Hopefully this will cure a lot of the water problems I've had in the past. Thanks for posting the model number.

lwmcguir

Ruined my hose this year with the regulator inside the Docking center due to the campground haveing over 100 psig water supply. Luckily the hose just got to about 1 1/2 inch diameter and didnt blow apart near the coach. I Install it now at the water supply.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I use a 3' section of metal washer hose between the hose bib and the Watts regulator. It then goes into the water filter, then into the splitter and to the trailer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My hose is rated for 200 psi, so it goes directly on the spigot with the boxed dual filter system at the other end. The regulator and meter are after the filters, connected to the manifold in the UDC.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This topic has had a lot of action in other threads. If you do a search you will find many of them.

However one of the best places to buy parts is the RV Water Filter Store. This is a great place to find the best parts.
From this store:
I bought a special 36' non kink hose. I don't need any extra to reach any shore water so far. Their hoses are tested to 200 PSI so you can connect them directly to the shore water.
I bought a special 4' non kink hose.
I bought a Watts Brass Model N55BG Adjustable Regulator, 2" diameter 0-160 all stainless oil filled gauge, 6-9 gpm.
I bought a brass Pressure gauge
I bought Kwik Link Connect System - 90 degree
I bought about 10 Brass Quick Connects

From Lowe's I bought 2 Westinghouse clear water filter canisters and connected them togeather. I also bought heavy duty Y with valves.

I connect the Y to the shore faucet. This Y also has quick disconnects on both outlets. I connect my hose to one of the Y outlet using a quick disconnect. I connect a water pressure gage on the hose with quick disconnects then connect to my water filter using quick disconnects. Then I connect my regulator on to the output of the water filter and take the 4' hose and quick connect to the regulator and the other end connects with the Kwik 90* to the fresh water inlet in the UDC. I have a 50' hose with a valve on it and quick connects. When I want to flush my black tank or wash the TV or Trailer I just snap it onto the second outlet of the Y with no problems.

I love the quick connects. Also be sure to use brass quick connects. Lowe's have quick connectors that are brass colored but are aluminum. If you use them with the brass hoses they will have a chemical reaction which will bond them togeather. Save your money and use the brass only.

BC