water tank leaking water

roy2

last year i had this problem water draining out of my water tank they changed the check valve on it. now its leaking again.id like to know were the check valve is on it. i wasnt there to see when they changed it. so i dont know were it is.so who can tell me were it is or in the general area. i have a big horn 2019 model 3817fb. thank you

sengli

So your fresh water tank? I dont of a check valve on the fresh water tank. There are usually two water tank vents, and of course a feed line to the pump.

Or are you talking about the hot water tank? Cause there is a check valve on the output line of that tank. Its on the top line attached to the tank.

roy2

So your fresh water tank? I dont of a check valve on the fresh water tank. There are usually two water tank vents, and of course a feed line to the pump.

Or are you talking about the hot water tank? Cause there is a check valve on the output line of that tank. Its on the top line attached to the tank.
my fresh water tank its running out of i have the valve open on it.there is a check valve some were on one of the lines i guess. they said its close to the water [ump.

hoefler

The only check valves in the fresh water system are, the water pump, and the city water connection if you don't have a Anderson valve

Reactions: Rip

roy2

i do have Anderson valve on my unite when i had it repaired last year the guy told me he changed the check valve on the water system around the water pump.

LBR

i do have Anderson valve on my unite when i had it repaired last year the guy told me he changed the check valve on the water system around the water pump.
The water pump has an integral check valve in it.

The tech may have said, or meant, that he cleaned/checked/or replaced the filter next to the pump....as there may be a filter/screen attached to the water pump. You may have misunderstood them also?

sengli

On all the rigs I have owned from heartland the check valve was in the water pump. The usual failure most people notice are that, when hooked up to "city" water input the water tank was filling. If you have a leak, its most likely a leak in a line or connection. Where is this water exiting the coach at?

rmeyer

The water pump has an internal check valve that could be bad. The Anderson valve might not be seating right. Try rotating the handle on the Anderson valve back and forth and see if it seats. Take water pressure off when doing this.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the basement wall and you will find the water pump. You can check there for any leaks.

Peace
Dave

Rip

Some folks have placed a shark bite check valve between the water pump and the tank.

roy2

ok i screwed up bad i removed a fitting on the Anderson valve ASSy the one going to the water tank i put a cap on it hopeing it would fix it.well i put the wrong cap on it so its leaking now.is there any thing i can put on it so it stops leaking.no one around here has a new anderson valve in stock.

Rip

Not understanding exactly what is going on, to minimize the leak until your new Anderson valve shows up, How about the correct cap?

roy2

cant get the cap off its to tight. trying to find something to stop the leaking of the cap.

Rip

Sorry, from my POV, removing the cap, sealing it or replacing it, seems to be part of your temporary solution.