Water tank sensors not working

chip33

Anyone able to tell me the easiest way to access the fresh water tank on my 2014 Bighorn model 3370 rk. The sensor quit working to show when full.

danemayer

The fresh water tank is usually (not always) located above the axles. If the drain hangs down in front of the front axle, that would confirm the location. You would have to remove some of the screws mounting the coroplast in order to see the tank, and might have to remove some insulation. Or you could cut a 3-sided rectangular opening once you spot the sensors (leave the front edge intact).

However, chances of fixing a tank sensor problem at the tank are slim. Before going there, you might check the tank sensor panel to see if perhaps a wire has come loose.

southernlady5464

The fresh water tank is usually the most accurate. None of the others are. Stuff gets on the sensors and don’t come loose.

carl.swoyer

I have the same problem.
I spoke with kib tech support and they said very unlikely that the sensor itself is bad and suggested that I disconnect the Blu wire from the circuit board and press the test button. My tank is full but shows two Thirds . So disconnecting the blue wire and pressed the test button my indicator reads zero, which means that my circuit board is good and it has to be a wiring problem such as loose wire or corrosion

Last edited:

Piperflyer

Sensors are noted for not working properly after the tanks have been filled a few times. You be wasting your time trying to replace them. Just drain your tanks every few days depending on how much your using your rig.

marknewbill

Let us know how it turns out. as others mentioned, my trailer is only a year old and i have had trouble with the black tank sensor. I realize this doesn't help your fresh water issue, but just as a fyi, what I did was when I got back home, I flushed and filled it with some dish liquid and water to the brim, where you could see the water in the toilet, and let it set like that for a week. then I flushed it again to get the soap bubbles out and the sensor is working again (for now)

but none of them seem terribly accurate. for example, somehow I can get black tank 2/3 full and the grey 2/3 full from one tank of fresh water that still says half full. lol. that math don't work since all tanks are supposed to be the same size on my rig.

jerryjay11

not helpful for the fresh water sensors so much but along with the dish soap and water, add some water softener (such as Calgon liquid water softener) to the blind for black and grey tank sensors. Dissolve half cup of water softener in a quart of hot water, and flush it down the toilet. Next, dissolve one cup of liquid detergent in quart of hot water, and flush.