Water tanks

I just bought a 2010 2900mk before winter used one weekend and had to winterize it because of cold temps.Very easy to winterize the lines but to get the water out of the black tank and fresh tank was something else.Took it to the dump station washed the black out and drained it.Had the fresh water open and drained and left it open,nothing came out anymore.Drove down a hill at storage on a angle looked in my mirror and could see water draining.I sat there for at least 10 minutes letting the fresh water drain.The black tank i thought was empty since nothing came out at the dump station but being on a slope the amount of water that came out of that was alot.Just wondering if this is a common issue.I have never experienced this on other fifth or travel trailers.

buckeyebob

my 09 2900mk did the same thing ,i really rinsed good at end of last trip.when i got home and was winterizing it i flushed with black tank rinser and i would say 1-1.5 gallons of brown ooze came out !!!!!luckily there is a corn field 6 feet away to rinse to,opened fresh water drain,drove 170 miles home and it still leaked out.buckeyebob

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Read this link. It could give you some insight. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=12043&page=6

biggziff

Do all Sundance or Heartland products share this tank design?

Can someone link to a post with a good explanation of how to resolve this? I assume the black tank issue cannot be resolved by the owner.

Duramax1

I have never had a problem with draining any of the tanks on my 2900MK.

Perhaps the trailers were not sloped toward the dump station's inlet valve and as a consequence did not fully drain.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I just bought a 2010 2900mk before winter used one weekend and had to winterize it because of cold temps.Very easy to winterize the lines but to get the water out of the black tank and fresh tank was something else.Took it to the dump station washed the black out and drained it.Had the fresh water open and drained and left it open,nothing came out anymore.Drove down a hill at storage on a angle looked in my mirror and could see water draining.I sat there for at least 10 minutes letting the fresh water drain.The black tank i thought was empty since nothing came out at the dump station but being on a slope the amount of water that came out of that was alot.Just wondering if this is a common issue.I have never experienced this on other fifth or travel trailers.

'Dawn' works for us, a few ounces now and then seems to help clean, unstick and loosen up the waste for dumpting time.

Attachments

• Dawn.JPG
    Dawn.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 16
It's not that anything is sticking in the black tank.The fresh water tank does not drain fully either.When parked facing down a steep hill almost sideways is the only way the to get the water out of both tanks.There must have been atleast 10 gallons of water just from the fresh tank.10 gallons is being very modest.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
The fresh water drain is on the side of the tank so some water will remain........... I think thats typical of most storeage tanks. A bulkhead fitting installed on the bottom of your tank may solve your problem.
The soap does help the drainage of the black/gray tanks.