Water under 5th wheel tongue

jkravitz

Does anybody know what might cause water to accumulate under the 5th wheel tongue??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

You'll need to supply us with more information. Are you talking about a few drips in the morning which could be condensation from the inside of the cap.

Or water continually dripping out. Which could be your washing machine.

Model and pictures might help too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have a washing machine in the nose, live in a cold clime, don't have a drain pan under the machine and got lazy winterizing it, you have found your problem. DAMHIKT ☹️

The other possibilities are a gap in the caulking along the top of the front cap or the rubber seals behind the marker lamps are shot or out of position.

CoveredWagon

If you have a washing machine in the nose, live in a cold clime, don't have a drain pan under the machine and got lazy winterizing it, you have found your problem. DAMHIKT ☹️

The other possibilities are a gap in the caulking along the top of the front cap or the rubber seals behind the marker lamps are shot or out of position.

or cracked 😉

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
or cracked 😉

A crack in the cap would be a major problem to deal with.

I repaired the problem with our W/D and put a drain pan under it. The reminder of not winterizing correctly is the somewhat warped panel under the overhang. The caulking gets checked each time I clean the roof. Although it's still looking good from the previous redo, I've got a supply of Dicor to hit it again later this month when we're back at the rig. I'll redo the vertical caulk areas, as well.