Water, water everywhere!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Actually the point they refer to is the opening in the toilet. As water flows the point of excape or lower resistance. That is the toilet once the tank is full.

I don't like having one in line but the mfgr has no choice the RVIA I think controls the construction of RV's. Jim or someone else can correct me on this point.

BC

jbeletti

...I don't like having one in line but the mfgr has no choice the RVIA I think controls the construction of RV's. Jim or someone else can correct me on this point...

In order to have RVIA sealed RVs, we must build to RVIA guidelines. This is one of those guidelines.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My read of Jim's Wiki post is that the vacuum breaker only needs to be 6" above the top of the black tank, not way the !%*!! up the wall. If I can fill the tank and the toilet to the brim, then I deserve to have a sewer trout fishing derby inside the trailer. So, moving it down into the space behind the basement wall, yet still 6" above the black tank, and even putting a funnel drain under it...just in case...should not pose a need for Federal Government intervention.

Hay John. I agree with you but if I read the document right it says...
6" above flood rim of the highest fixture connected to the wasteholding tank.

The highest fixture connected to the wasteholding tank is the toilet..

You can disconnect the valve and connect the hose diectly to the black tank, but Heatland or any other Mfgr can not.

Do you read this different than I do? I could be wrong. My 5th grade reading teacher flunked me, so give me some help here. I am not smarter than a 5th grader ... LOL

FWIW
BC

Attachments

• Above Flood plane.JPG
    Above Flood plane.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 25

kerryb

Does the pressure regulator need to be attached to the water hose when flushing the tank? Most of the parks I visit have non-potable water at the dump station and I use a hose dedicated for rinsing the tank. Do I need to get the second regulator?

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
When my problem occured I had the dump valve open, so there would not have been any back pressure to vent water out of the vacum break. The thing just broke and according to the dealer tech, it is not unusual for this to happen. After reading all of this info I may just leave it bypassed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe an access panel to get at the vacuum breakers hidden in the walls should be engineered into the design of the rigs at the factory. With that, the QC inspectors at the end of the line (that's an assumption) could just open it and insure the valve is installed properly.

ChopperBill

Maybe an access panel to get at the vacuum breakers hidden in the walls should be engineered into the design of the rigs at the factory. With that, the QC inspectors at the end of the line (that's an assumption) could just open it and insure the valve is installed properly.

Jim said they now put 'em behind the round access panel in the shower. Seems like a pretty good spot.

JohnDar

If mine ever leaks (fingers, toes & eyes crossed), it might be possible to relocate it over there. There is no reason to have it hidden in the wall behind the toilet, inaccessible without major surgery on the wall.

DXprowler

Mine is behind the access panel in the shower. I think another reason for them being so high is for winterizing. Water will naturally flow down to the tank and to the hookup so water will not get trapped in the line and freeze. The valve is important 'cause it wouldn't take much to make someone seriously sick! But, I have never used a white hose during this process and never will.

JohnDar

Nothing in the access panel in my shower but the hot/cold lines to the shower faucet.