Waxing new 3570rs

Love, love, love our new 3570rs and we want to protect it and keep it looking as nice as it does right now. I've heard many people use marine wax such as McGuiers (probably spelled incorrectly). Some have said to use 303 to protect decals then wax. We're newbies and want to do it right.

Suggestions? Helpful hints? I've tried to do a search since I'm sure I'm not the first to ask but I'm having problems getting any results. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've used Nu Finish since day 1 on everything I own. Including the decals. No problems with the exception of UV damage to the front & rear gelcoated fiberglass. Many use 303 on the fiberglass surfaces as well but I don't know if it will help protect against UV oxidation.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I use the Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax. Along with 303.
I put the wax on with my orbital buffer and wipe it off with old towels.
303 over the graphics and tires.
It's also a good time to get a close look at the caulking.

Peace
Dave

Vamara1

Our RV's are just like boats ~ Fiberglass! ~ I used a marine quality on my RV with excellect results ~ Marine anything will protect you from the harsh elements a boat goes through. Regards Tom Mara FL #2406

donr827

I use the Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax. Along with 303.
I put the wax on with my orbital buffer and wipe it off with old towels.
303 over the graphics and tires.
It's also a good time to get a close look at the caulking.

Peace
Dave

X2
Don

Since we're newbies I want to make sure I understand the lingo. When you say "graphics" are you including decals? If so that means you wax the unit without waxing the decal then use the 303 on the decals? And you wax the front cap with the Meguair's like the sides? And thanks for the correct spelling!

dave10a

I used 303 on my past motor home that still looked good after 12 years in all kinds of environments. It was not full bodied paint and had decals. I never use any kind of wax on the 303. Just follow the instructions and it is fine. I Applied it once a year and sometimes once every two years when I got lazy. 303 is also good for my tires and covers and anything that needs protecting. It is great stuff and is easy to use.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since we're newbies I want to make sure I understand the lingo. When you say "graphics" are you including decals? If so that means you wax the unit without waxing the decal then use the 303 on the decals? And you wax the front cap with the Meguair's like the sides? And thanks for the correct spelling!

Graphics include everything they stuck on your rig.
I wax everything then use 303 where ever needed.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wrgrs50s

I'm not sure about the rest of you guys but I just used the 303 for the first time and I'm not sure I like it for the fiberglass. I followed the instructions by the letter and it still streaked a lot. I would wipe on a 2x2 area and dry immediately with a seperate micro fiber towel, in the shade, and still see streaking. My unit is not oxidized so I'm a little confused. I noticed that it did not streak over the graphics when I wiped them dry. I believe I have to agree that the best solution is waxing the fiberglass and using the 303 only on the graphics. I'm still not clear on using it on the tires, I've read some conflicting information on using anything on the tires. Just an FYI, I used the rejex on the front cap and it seemed to work good for a while but didnt seem to last long. I guess I'm just lazy and always looking for something that will make life easier, but rarely find it.

Lynn1130

Rejex and if applied properly it is good a year or longer. By applied properly I mean get the old wax off and apply at temps under 85. It then needs to sit out of the elements for 24 hrs. I use it on my truck car and RV and it works very well.