WD hitch angle

While looking at my TV and TT all hooked up and loaded to go, I noticed a bit more squat than I would like on the rear of the TV, but the TT appears to be towing very level. I have the WD bars pulled up so they are horizontal. If I bring them up another link, they are going to be on quite the angle but I think that will put more weight on the front of the TV.

Is it better to angle my hitch so that the ball is further away from the TV (maybe a washer/spacer or 2), or just pull the chains up another link, and have them with a decent bend in them. Usually have 3 spare links at the end, and then hook it in the 4th link.

Unfortunatly I haven't had a chance to weigh everything yet, so I'm just going on getting it looking right. I've tried to space out the weight in the TT, but not too much as to get it totally out of balance, and then add a whole new dimension to the towing adventure!.

I have the Husky WD & Sway control package 1200 lbs. If I was doing it again, I'd get another type of WD/Sway package, but that's another story for another day.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If your hitch is the round bar style, angling the ball back a bit will allow another link and should help distribute a little weight to the front of the TV and at the same time, slightly lower the trailer tongue. Is your Dodge a 1/2 ton? Even though the dry tongue weight is advertised at 640 lbs, a 33 ft trailer is a bit of a stretch for a half ton. Air bags may be another alternative.

justafordguy

I was wondering how the 33TBUD tows? It sounds like it's similar to the specs of My DS31, long for a bumper pull trailer and not enough tongue weight percentage for the gvwr weight. Do you have any sway problems when going over 60 mph?

Doesn't tow too bad actually. I've got 2 of the Husky sway controls on it so keeps it inline pretty good. No real major sway that i'm all that concerned about. When the gusts come, they hit you pretty hard, but a few seconds later everything is under control.