We purchased our new 40 ft. Big Country 18 months ago which came with 4 Towmax ( Blowmax) tires. I ALWAYS CHECK fo

fiverdude

We purchased our new 40 ft. Big Country 18 months ago which came with 4 Towmax ( Blowmax) tires.
I ALWAYS CHECK for 80 lbs. And drive avg. 62 mph.
All 4 tires have now blown out. The last one blew out coming back to Ca. from Yellowstone last week doing some major damage to more than just the trim. These tires all blew out at 1000 to 3500 miles. WHAT THE WHAT ? I talked to Towmax after the first 2 blowouts. They prorated my first 2 which didn't even cover 1 of the tires. I don't look forward to my call to them tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The GY G614 is a good bet. You might call them and see if they will pay to repair your coach.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
When we ordered our 2012 Big Country we went ahead & upgraded to the larger axles & g614 tires. After 3 years on the road and about 30,000 miles, the tires are still going strong.

scottyb

Sorry for your damage. I'm sure it is very frustrating. This forum is full of stories just like yours. Some suffered severe damage with the 1st blowout and some didn't. I'm surprised you stuck with them beyond the 1st blowout. If I only had 2 axles and I was going to make a big move, I would go with 17.5" wheels and H or J rated tires. You could probably sell your 16" wheels to cover some of the difference.