We Took the Plunge

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We picked up the new rig today and I only have one word - WOW! Auto-level, where have you been all my life? Only one possible problem, converter doesn't seem to be charging the battery. Will troubleshoot in the morning.

jbeletti

Congrats Gus and Debra! Check all 3 fuses on the converter, perhaps there was a momentary short or reverse polarity. Especially if you had your dealer do anything with batteries.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Success on my first troubleshoot. It was the converter. Fuzes were OK, but the white wire was not firmly seated in its slot AND (drum roll please...) the converter was not plugged in! So I tightened the wiring and plugged it in. As soon as Debra flipped the 50amp circuit breaker back on, the basement light got MUCH brighter. The charge indicator is now showing green also. I feel so much better. Love the RV still. It is awesome.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
So happy for you Deb and so proud of you Gus! I think being able to take care of yourself is a huge part of RVing. See all y'all in Mayberry!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Gus and Debra,
Glad you have everything under control and have a safe trip back down the road. Did you spend last night at the campground you ask me about?And Deb. B. is right, being able to take care of yourself is a huge part of RVing.Enjoy the new Landmark. Looking forward to seeing it and you and Debra in Mayberry in a couple weeks.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Wow, Gus. Glad you got everything taken care off. Cant wait to see the new home today.

Please be careful driving in VA Beach. This place is a magnet for the worlds worst drivers. Evrybody says their town is the worst but in this case I have to believe Pete...

See you soon.

azbound

Enjoy your LM, now that Thor has bought Heartland, it very well maybe the last Quality model built by Heartland.

dieselsweetheart

ugh az this is Gus's thread about his new Landmark....let's keep the ugliness off his thread. You've said plenty on the other thread.

GUS!! SO HAPPY for you and I am still jealous!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!! Hi to Debra and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

porthole

Retired
We're parked in the KOA in Wytheville, VA tonight. Get up early in the morning and drive into Knoxville to pick up the new Landmark. Don't think I'll get much sleep tonight! At least the wi-fi connection here is blazing fast.

We stayed there on the way to Nashville,